Nvidia Shield K1 connection problem

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a problem with my K1 when I try to link with the P4P RC. When I power on RC, tablet only charges their battery, and I need to power on and off the RC several times until the tablet launches DJI GO with proper connection between them. When I go to developer options to force MTP, stays grayed out and these option only keeps in "charge only".
Maybe with 3 times power on and off works good, but several times I need to power on and off more than 15 times until the K1 grab data connection with RC (and not stay under battery charge only).
Any ideas?

Did you try swiping down from the top of the screen to ensure the USB port is not set to charge only?

Hi guys! I have a problem with my K1 when I try to link with the P4P RC. When I power on RC, tablet only charges their battery, and I need to power on and off the RC several times until the tablet launches DJI GO with proper connection between them. When I go to developer options to force MTP, stays grayed out and these option only keeps in "charge only".
Maybe with 3 times power on and off works good, but several times I need to power on and off more than 15 times until the K1 grab data connection with RC (and not stay under battery charge only).
Any ideas?
Same problem here.Remove the mini usb plug from the shield and reinstall it again every time when you want to connect with the aircraft.

Did you try swiping down from the top of the screen to ensure the USB port is not set to charge only?

When I connected the tablet for the first time, I see the menu when Android ask if you need charge only or MTP or camera, etc. I didn't know that MTP it's the correct choice, and I chose USB charge only. When I try to revert to MTP (under Developer Option) these option is grayed out (with or without tablet plugged to RC) and I can't change these setting.

Maybe I need to revert K1 to factory defaults and try again when tablet prompt me for first time what type of connection I like. Its a shame because I was trying to avoid a hard reset...

Might try another cable, as well.

Good advice, I will try. Honestly, I never think in a faulty cable because it's the original that comes with the P4P.

Same problem here.Remove the mini usb plug from the shield and reinstall it again every time when you want to connect with the aircraft.

But many people have Shield K1 as device for flying, and I never read this kind of problem. I think that we must have another solution to avoid stranger methods when we need to fly hahaha

Note that the drone works flawlessly with a iPhone 7, only my K1 tablet with Android 6 have this strange behavior (I didn't update to Android 7 to avoid the knew problems with these Android version)

Relink P4P to RC using button on drone, to stop MTP reverting to Charging, also turn USB Debug on, this will work, I had the same thing happen, I also reinstalled app but you may not need to. Let us know if this works for you. Some say nougat 7 works flawless for them

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl