Nvidia Shield K1 & Android 6.0

Reaction score
OK, I am confused. I would like to upgrade to Android 6.0 to get the integration of Micro SDXC card memory with on board memory. But, I seem to remember discussions about Android 6.0 causing problems with the compass. So, does Android 6.0 cause problems with compass calibration or compass navigation of the P3A using DJI GO on the K1?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Jim

Not that I've seen occur, no. I use Nvidia Shield K1 with Android 6.0, no issues here.

OK, I am confused. I would like to upgrade to Android 6.0 to get the integration of Micro SDXC card memory with on board memory. But, I seem to remember discussions about Android 6.0 causing problems with the compass. So, does Android 6.0 cause problems with compass calibration or compass navigation of the P3A using DJI GO on the K1?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Jim
It was a widely reported issue, but an update about 10-14 days ago fixed it. I use iOS, so I dont know much more than that. Since it was discussed so often, I just recall hearing that it was finally fixed.

Here is the list of what was included with that Nvidia update a couple of weeks ago.

What’s New
  • Supports the new Vulkan API for high-efficiency access to SHIELD’s graphics hardware
  • Adds Android 6.0.1 changes
  • Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations
  • Adds USB MIDI support
  • Adds memory compression enhancement
  • Improved Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep
  • Fixed Compass functionality
  • Fixed Gamepad Mapper issues
  • Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card
  • Fixed Doom 3 HDMI output issue
  • Repositioned Lasso Capture icons in landscape mode
  • Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level March 1, 2016
  • Overall stability and security enhancements