Nuts

Reaction score
drunk droning is dangerous.
flew into the neighbors yard, .and somehow lost a prop..and the nut that holds it in place.

where goes one get a replacement nut?
(I have the prop already),. thanks!

all vendors of oem are out of stock, got my replacement from home depot works just about the same, hardware section.

I went to my local OSH (Orchard), but was unable to find a similar end cap-nut.
but found the thread to be metric size M6, and bought a bag of regular nuts,. which seems to work!
(tho I'll probably splurge on a OEM once they become available, just so they'll match.

don't forget to put some threadlocker, next time you might not be that lucky. cheers!

Yah, while I think the prop and nut was lost when it rough landed in the neighbors yard/bush, (I'm scared to jump the fence again)
I'm been putting Loktite on all my threads from now on.
..as well as writing my contact info on the Phantom!

Ironically, while I was able to use a temp M6 nut and an extra prop to get going again last night.. somehow the prop broke in two, right at the bolt - without hitting anything, yet the nut remained in place!

ULI RAY said:
don't forget to put some threadlocker, next time you might not be that lucky. cheers!

If you mean the loctite (blue liquid), there's a discussion over the Rc Group saying that the loctite if leaks will destroy the plastic!

tanasit said:
ULI RAY said:

If you mean the loctite (blue liquid), there's a discussion over the Rc Group saying that the loctite if leaks will destroy the plastic!

I don't use it, I just check every screw and bolt before each flight.

While I have very little experience with RC and copters, I'm rather confident that a drop or two of very carefully and cautiously applied Loctite will help provide added protection to keep my investment from crashing into the ground! ;)

The problem with LocTite is that people are using WAY too much. The best way to apply it is to put some on a piece of cardboard and dip the end of your screw into it then wipe off excess with your finger. For bolts that you can not dip into the liquid on cardboard, like motor shafts, use a Q-Tip to dab some on. Never work with LocTite straight out of the bottle and you will do well.

Has anyone found these prop nuts online yet? Not sure why it's so difficult to find spare parts online, since I'm sure these weren't made exclusively for the DJI Phantom. I was hoping to buy a couple of these just as spares, since so many folks are loosing them.

cliffcochran said:
Has anyone found these prop nuts online yet? Not sure why it's so difficult to find spare parts online, since I'm sure these weren't made exclusively for the DJI Phantom. I was hoping to buy a couple of these just as spares, since so many folks are loosing them.

Which prop nuts are you talking about? if they are similar to the ones that DJI ships with the Phantom, you would have better luck finding gold in Antarctica. Almost (if not all) of the spare parts for the phantom are on back order. you can't even replace a shell unless you have one on back order and if you're lucky, you'll be able to get one when they come in (waited 2 months for mime).

on the other hand, if you are looking for the after market nuts as suggested in this thread, you can actually find them at your local hardware or home improvement store. i got a few of them... metric #5 in the US if i remember correctly.

cliffcochran said:

I use these, M6 from probolt:

http://www.probolt-usa.com/aluminium-dome-nuts-m6-din-1587-pack-x-10-red.html#.UYRITbRghyI

DOMENUT6-10R.jpg
nyn6-10bk.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj