Nuke RC Battery Reviews

Reaction score
Hi All,
As Promised.... it has been started. I received my battery a few minutes ago.....
Arrived in a small brown box with the usual import info stuck to it from China. Opened up the box, and as advertised a battery was inside. Also, it looks like someone who speaks english really proofread the warning memo in the box. All written in english not chineseenglish. First impression, it is the same as what we have been getting from DJI. One thing I did notice is that where the end cap snaps onto the battery body, the tabs that lock it in place are a tiny bit loose. NO BIG DEAL. I am charging it right now, it came out of the box at 50% so I will give it some time to charge. Flight test later.....

It looks like they are starting to arrive, so everyone who has ordered and or received them, Post here.....

I flew the Nuker battery last night..... Flawless....
I did a longer than usual pre-flight warmup to see if there would be any battery level issues on my IOSD. Not a inkling of a problem.
I then took off into a 5 ft hover, where it did the usual TBE dance, I am still running 1.08 with the TBE and Jhook problems known and allowed for. I let it do the toilet dance for a couple of minutes and the battery is holding solid. Then I did some hover taxiing around the lot that I was in. All systems normal as far as the battery. Brought it back so I could hold onto it for some full collective tests. Ran the collective(left stick) at full for about 45 seconds, watching the battery drain and if anything was to go wrong, this would be the time with the battery under its highest drain. Nothing.... Battery level dropped as expected, but not one sign of any problem. I released the phantom to do some free flight. Flew for ten more minutes without even a glitch. I finally brought the phantom back when it hit 20% on the battery. The low battery warn was set at 30%, NUKE actually recommends setting the first level to 25%(I assume based on the additional capacity). I hovered for a bit longer to get the battery voltage to drop to the auto land voltage, and I was unsuccessful. I had elapsed 16 minutes on my Futaba timer at that point and felt I had seen enough. The battery is a keeper. I could have probably pushed another two minutes out of the battery, but there is no need to bottom out the voltage, I will save that for a emergency.

I am happy to post these results and will continue to monitor the battery for a few more flights, but truly don't expect any problems.
Yes, it was arduous waiting for them to arrive and the communication was not the best, but in the end, I am happy at this point with the battery.....

Good Job NukeRC

Great review! This is very promising to hear. I did see you mentioned you are still on 1.08, so i am hoping there is no issue with 3.04 because i know at like 3.0 they put other things in the firmware to detect non-DJI batteries. Anyone test this battery on 3.04?Overall i really hope they reduce their long delivery time and i think this will be my next battery as long as the first people "beta testers" don't see an issues.

Glad to finely see someone that can honestly say they actually got one of these in there hands.

I received mine on Friday, but haven't had time to get a flight in. It's amazing how close these things are to the original, almost like they are produced in the same factory. Anyway, ordered a second one, since the first took ~ 30 days to get to GA. What I'm wondering is will a f/w update brick the NRC clone battery, or are the internals identical as well.

chipwich said:
What I'm wondering is will a f/w update brick the NRC clone battery, or are the internals identical as well.

If DJI did that.... it would be pretty low! Users should be able to choose which battery they use. Competition is what drives technology forward, it's good for everyone.

Captain Salty said:
chipwich said:
What I'm wondering is will a f/w update brick the NRC clone battery, or are the internals identical as well.

If DJI did that.... it would be pretty low! Users should be able to choose which battery they use. Competition is what drives technology forward, it's good for everyone.

I think NY has a law saying you can't disable third-party accesories (think about printers and 3er-party cartdriges). So, if DJI did that, they could face a class-action suit.

By the way guys, some 3 days ago they had some batteries in stock. I bought 2. I wanna check them out. How long has it took to each one of you to receive them?

I think NY has a law saying you can't disable third-party accessories (think about printers and 3er-party cartdriges). So, if DJI did that, they could face a class-action suit.

I though that was ny state law to. but when I was researching it the other day I found out its actually a federal law. called the "Magnuson – Moss Warranty Act, 15U.S.C. SS 2301-2312 (1982)"

and DJI Is in violation of it. Being the law says a manufacturer can not even imply that using another brand part or consumable could void any warranty or imply that the other makers stuff is inferior. The only way a co can force some one to use only there brand parts or consumables. Is if they give the parts to the customer free of charge. DJI not only is in violation of that they went and put it in writing on there web site. and last I checked they weren't giving free battery's away to try and stop any one from using any other brand parts if they exist. I think they should be giving us all a few few battery's every 6 months. They also probably are guilty of other types of laws under the Federal Trade Commission Act and consumer fraud laws being they design there own battery's to brick them selves at 300 charges even if its in perfect condition. And when there internal circuits flake out and the counter goes up past 300 they brick them selves way sooner then 300 charges.

thanks for the review hopefully a video review soon? :) but for $73 thats an awesome price! sucks it's shipping all the way from china!

J.James said:
I think NY has a law saying you can't disable third-party accessories (think about printers and 3er-party cartdriges). So, if DJI did that, they could face a class-action suit.

They also probably are guilty of other types of laws under the Federal Trade Commission Act and consumer fraud laws being they design there own battery's to brick them selves at 300 charges even if its in perfect condition. And when there internal circuits flake out and the counter goes up past 300 they brick them selves way sooner then 300 charges.

First off is there any proof to back up this claim? As I find this very disturbing. If this were true is that full charges from 0 bars or partial charges also?
I usually fly to 30% then will charge up and continue, there is no way i will pay £100 every X months for a product that I know will die on me.

On a side note if there is no proof of these claims I would be very careful what is said on a public forum.

As far as the counter stoping the battery at 300 charges dji even says so and says when it hits 300 you need to buy a new battery. :)-0 but they say its for safty ;-);-) win win ) Its how they count the % of battery life in the battery window in the naza. Regardless of the battery's condition. Every 3 charge discharge cycles peels 1% off of the displayed remaining life number. and that number for % of life left is only going by the number of discharges and is not really measuring the health of the battery. Even if you have a dead cell and a battery that is no longer good but only a few charges on it it will still say its got how ever much health its got left. I got one that clearly shows a bad cell and will never take more then 3000mah and it will show its 100% charged tho its not and with only 6 discharges its saying its still got 96% of its life left. Tho the counter seems to be stuck on 6 discharges tho its had about 12 or so. and its never been able to take a full charge sence I got it a few weeks ago. It was whacked from the get go and has never flown nore will it. Because it drains down in a few minutes.
It makes a great paper weight tho.

FYI, Nuke has a new 3 battery charging connector. I suppose that it works similar to a parallel board, but doesn't need the balance connectors since the battery's circuit handles that internally. They state that you can use any RC Lipo charger, but don't mention how to connect. I suppose that since you are not doing a balance charge that you would set your charger on Lipo Charge instead of Lipo Balance Charge. Then you would need the right connector. Not exactly what that two blade connector DJI is using. Anyone know?

FWIW, Nuke's PayPal account wasn't accepting PayPal payments for a few days, but I received an email this morning stating that it was back online. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about sending them more greenbacks, but as much as I like DJI products, some of these issues should have been addressed by now. Like charging more than one battery at a time, or giving the consumer the ability to use their own charger to place the batteries in Storage mode, etc. Kind of feels like Apple doesn't it.

Mine arrived last week after a month of wait. Externaly the battery looks almost exactly the same as the DJI, the connectors appear to be the same than the first DJI battery i bought (serial number DJ070014032818172). Strangely, the DJI batteries that have a higher, bigger serial number have a slighly redesigned connector with more surface area to make the contact.

Another difference is that the green led lights appear to be brighter than with standard DJI battery.

The performance however, is quite differet. To be honest I'm quite disappointed, after the first charge cicle I flew my phantom close to the ground and I was out of battery within 10 minutes, that's exactly half the performance that I'm getting with a standard DJI battery. Nuke RC batteries work, but they don't work half as well as per my experience.

Link to the image: (Nuke RC sample bottom left).

https://imageshack.com/i/p10rMAUej

The contact area for the pins isnt much of any thing to care about being them not having a wider contact area never was the real reason behind the DJI ones not making contact. considering the pins don't move side to side and really if any thing the problem is the pads arn't raised up some or the pins longer so they compress harder.

BUT hearing you only got 10 minutes out of one of these scamRC battery's bites the big one. Before you flew did you look at the battery info in the naza and see how many Mah it had after a full charge? and did you go more then one cycle and only getting 10 mins or so on all of them?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1