Nubee P4 owner

Reaction score
My name is Russ and Im new to the whole hobby of flying drones but I've wanted to get into it for a while. Tonight was my 2nd day with my p4 1st night flight and it was awesome. It was the 1st time I had it out of beginner mode too so much better than how nervous I was yesterday never flying anything like this before and doing it in front of my girl and 3 daughters I couldn't help worrying about having some epic fail with my new toy but tonight, by myself was a whole different ball game, I loved it

My name is Russ and Im new to the whole hobby of flying drones but I've wanted to get into it for a while. Tonight was my 2nd day with my p4 1st night flight and it was awesome. It was the 1st time I had it out of beginner mode too so much better than how nervous I was yesterday never flying anything like this before and doing it in front of my girl and 3 daughters I couldn't help worrying about having some epic fail with my new toy but tonight, by myself was a whole different ball game, I loved it
Awsome :)enjoy

Thanks for the encouraging replies. I will definitely take all the positive advice as I know there's alot to learn no need to rush it and Im sure it will work out better for me in the long run ,thanks again guys

congrats on your new P4, reading your first post brought back memories for me as i can say that was me last year almost word for word...have fun take it slow and do a lot of researching on questions you may have come up , cuz there's tons of info on here already on the P4 and the ins and outs...be safe and welcome to the site :)

Reactions: Razorvapes
Thanks guys I appreciate if seriously. I think the only thing I was wondering about right off the batt was which app do you guys use is one better between Dji Go and Litchi any recommendation

Thanks guys I appreciate if seriously. I think the only thing I was wondering about right off the batt was which app do you guys use is one better between Dji Go and Litchi any recommendation

you'll get a lot of different opinions on this one, for me i use DJI GO4

Reactions: Razorvapes
Thanks now that you say that and Ive been pokin around on hear I see what you mean thanks though.

Reactions: Bckmstr
What device are you using to run the app? Android or Apple?
Ole folks, I use a full size iPad. It is about two years old but don't know model number. It works great! Beautiful video and crisp maps, etc. I sometimes use my iPad 7? I've never had an Android device. The Apple devices work great for me. What do you use?
Jim
WA5TEF

Have both apps, using the DJI GO 4 mostly, but Litchi has some very useful features as well and I like the voice feedback quite a bit. Taking small steps with both. I'm using an iPad Mini 4 with latest firmware and at least to date, haven't had any app crashes.

Ole folks, I use a full size iPad. It is about two years old but don't know model number. It works great! Beautiful video and crisp maps, etc. I sometimes use my iPad 7? I've never had an Android device. The Apple devices work great for me. What do you use?
Jim
WA5TEF

Hi Jim
I'm with you using iPad Pro never lets me down
Bit overpriced but the software environment is top notch never crashed

For your fist few flights keep it up high. Higher than the tallest thing around you. Just fly it around your area and try to use the map to navigate. You can easily get disoriented flying by the camera alone. If you tap on the map it will go to full screen and wherever the red arrow points is the p4's direction of flight when you push the stick up. If you get lost just point the arrow towards home and push up. You will then see it moving towards you and will always know exactly where it is in relation to you. That's my worthless opinion anyway. Worry about flying before you worry about getting the best shot. Don't be afraid to take it on out. You should be able to fly it at least a mile with no degradation in signal quality and even if you loose video the controller is likely still connected. Try to fly home every time instead of pushing the RTH button. It works correctly 90% of the time but about 10% of the time it might flake out on you. Welcome to your new life!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic