Nubble Lighthouse

Reaction score
Sunrise at Nubble Lighthouse off of Cape Neddick Maine. I try to fly these early to catch the light and avoid flying over people and as far away from houses as possible to not annoy folks with the drone buzz.

Reactions: BA577
Sunrise at Nubble Lighthouse off of Cape Neddick Maine. I try to fly these early to catch the light and avoid flying over people and as far away from houses as possible to not annoy folks with the drone buzz.

Beautiful! Hope you stopped for some Brown's (aka Dunn's) while over there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I "cut my props" up in York. Beautiful area to fly. Unfortunately, when I was there I did not have the confidence to fly Nubble. I sent my P3S to a family members house in York while I was vacationing up there. Got some great areal shots of the harbor and inlets.
Now that my bird is modded and boosted; and I know how to fly I'll probably do some Nubble passes next time I'm in the York area.

I "cut my props" up in York. Beautiful area to fly. Unfortunately, when I was there I did not have the confidence to fly Nubble. I sent my P3S to a family members house in York while I was vacationing up there. Got some great areal shots of the harbor and inlets.
Now that my bird is modded and boosted; and I know how to fly I'll probably do some Nubble passes next time I'm in the York area.

This was stretching my experience / confidence level quite a bit at the time. Another reason I was flying so early in the morning to avoid tourist traffic. Now that I have a little more experience - I am sure I can do a better video next time. Also modded my setup with the Itelite panel antenna - tho this location doesn't really have to challenge range capability particularly.

Nice. We vacation the York - Ogunquit area every year. Brought my P3S this year, but it was just too windy for me.

Nice. We vacation the York - Ogunquit area every year. Brought my P3S this year, but it was just too windy for me.

It was typical Maine coastal wind when I went there but the bird handled it like a champ.

This was stretching my experience / confidence level quite a bit at the time. Another reason I was flying so early in the morning to avoid tourist traffic. Now that I have a little more experience - I am sure I can do a better video next time. Also modded my setup with the Itelite panel antenna - tho this location doesn't really have to challenge range capability particularly.

Yea it does get pretty crowded out there. I may be going up one more time this summer. If I do I'll be sure to get a flight in.
You did a pretty nice clip and video!

I just took a video this week of Corolla Lighthouse in the Outer Banks NC. I plan to do some editing and thread together some clips.

Here is my initial video:

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle
Yea it does get pretty crowded out there. I may be going up one more time this summer. If I do I'll be sure to get a flight in.
You did a pretty nice clip and video!

I just took a video this week of Corolla Lighthouse in the Outer Banks NC. I plan to do some editing and thread together some clips.

Here is my initial video:

Nice video - seems like we frequent the same places - tho I tend to stay more in the Nags Head Area.
Would like to film the Bodie lighthouse - but not sure where to launch - mostly National Park around the lighthouse.

Nice video - seems like we frequent the same places - tho I tend to stay more in the Nags Head Area.
Would like to film the Bodie lighthouse - but not sure where to launch - mostly National Park around the lighthouse.

You have good taste in vacation spots. For us, it's easy to get to for family vacations considering we all live in the mid Atlantic up to New England. Easy to pack the family in a car and go to these beautiful places. I'm not much for the jersey shore.

Nice video, that looked like a great place to fly with the contour of the coastline.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1