Nub Question on Connecting Phantom 2 to PC

Reaction score
Hi,
Just joined. Received my Phantom 2. Not even off the ground yet. Having very basis issues. Seems like I see solutions to all the hard problems, but none to the simple start off questions. Either here or at DJI. Need help getting started. Sorry, as I am sure that these questions are answered elsewhere in the group, but my searches apparently do not contain the correct key words.

#1 - I am unable to get the assist software to recognize my Phantom 2 controller or the MU? on the Phantom. Have installed the driver for PC and the assist software.

#2 - So, I am unable to find anywhere online the basic info I need. Found everything required to configure the controller and to do updates, but how to get the system working between the PC and the Phantom & controller in the first place.

#3 - Also as an aside, I am confused as to what some of the pieces are. I find discriptions everywhere, but images nowhere, so I am guessing....
As an example, the answer that DJI provides to a question assumes you already know all the jargon and can identify the parts:
Q. Please explain why my computer does not recognize USB device?
A. Make sure driver has been installed successfully. PMU should be connected to LED port of MC, not ext port.
Say what??????????????

I am sure all I need is direction to existing posts that others have already asked..........Thanks!

Windows 7 64 bit PC
B&H Phantom 2 package w/GoPro
-Phantom 2
-Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal (pre-Installed)
-iOSD mini on Screen Display
-Tote Vision Monitor for First Person View (FPV)
-DJI 5.8HZ Video Kit (pre-installed)
-HPRC Case

Added an image: http://home.kc.surewest.net/btvarner/Phantom2.jpg

Bruce

Thanks Buk!
Have tried everything you have stated. Did not work. I would love to read what others have said but my searches on the forum have not produced any results. Guess I am not entering the correct key words....
Bruce

Sorry.

Let's try the basics. Ignore all the PMU, MC, etc lingo, you purchased a fully assembled package from B&H they took care of that for you.

Computer off
Transmitter (controller) off
Phantom off
Fire up computer, start software (there are two Assistants, start with the Phantom 2 Assistant)
Plug USB cable into computer and the small port on the Phantom (opposite end as the battery)
Turn on transmitter
Turn on Phantom (props removed for safety)
In the software at the bottom of the window is a simulated LED, is it blinking? (communication indicator)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 346
You don't have to upgrade right away. Some folks do and some folks wait until others have flown with the upgrade looking for bugs or glitches.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie