Now yes, example of 4k video 30 fps and 1080p 60 fps, which is the best? (with English subtitles)

Reaction score
Now, I made a video of the same places with the 4k 30fps and 1080p settings at 60fps, side by side.

Tell me which format do you think is best, which one is more pleasant to watch? Thanks.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
All resolution and frame rate is lost as soon as you upload it here ? This is a pointless exercise unless we were viewing it on your monitor/TV.

They our very close when watching video on the Large TV however when you pause the frames you can see some of the differences between them.

This is why we prefer to shoot 4k however we scale down to 2K which is the sweet spot for viewing purposes.

The arrows do help , but having the viewer pause at different parts will help really see the differences in those extra frames.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in and out of the Strorm
Coal

while if you really focus hard you can see the difference and in videos made to show the difference of course that would be the focus point. But if you are making a video to tell a story and you carefully craft your shots and you have an interesting subject matter the difference will get lost as the viewer will not be focused on the image detail as they will on what is being presented to them.

Hard to tell on a laptop - but it is a decent screen- new MacBook Pro 16"
I think I prefer the 60fps. But showing more subjects moving across the scene or flying a bit closer people or cars while moving forward may show the difference better.

If you are ever videoing cars traveling (or any fast motion), you should use 60fps, it looks much less blurry. Unless you want it to look blurry, of course.

I gotta ask, why do they have an isolated 2-lane road in between two major highways? Very strange. How do you get on/off that thing? :)

Of course 4K picture is better but for the YouTube 1080 is just enough.
It always amuse me how people present 4K video on a 1080 monitor. What is the point?
If you want to see real 4K then you must watch it on a 4K monitor! Otherwise you can not see much difference.
The main reason to take video in 4K (at least I), is that you can do pretty good still picture from a video. You must have sharp eye to see the difference between the pictures taken with the camera or made as snapshot from the video. I'am talking of P4P and can't say this for other drones. For web pictures the snapshot quality is more than good. And of course you can do some cropping which at 1080 no go.

Reactions: MTO
If you are ever videoing cars traveling (or any fast motion), you should use 60fps, it looks much less blurry. Unless you want it to look blurry, of course.

I gotta ask, why do they have an isolated 2-lane road in between two major highways? Very strange. How do you get on/off that thing? :)

The road in the middle is for drones as you can see! LOL.

Of course 4K picture is better but for the YouTube 1080 is just enough.
It always amuse me how people present 4K video on a 1080 monitor. What is the point?
If you want to see real 4K then you must watch it on a 4K monitor! Otherwise you can not see much difference.
The main reason to take video in 4K (at least I), is that you can do pretty good still picture from a video. You must have sharp eye to see the difference between the pictures taken with the camera or made as snapshot from the video. I'am talking of P4P and can't say this for other drones. For web pictures the snapshot quality is more than good. And of course you can do some cropping which at 1080 no go.

There’s another great reason for shooting 4K in that you then have considerable latitude for cropping in closer or creating more of a panning or zooming effect in a given scene and still ending up with decent resolution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1