Now I am worried after updating FW to 1.8.10 and Go App ...

Reaction score
Flight was scary !! All recalibrated after update. No problems till I got outside.

First Go would not connect ..... multiple restarts of all items and finally connected.

Second had my FIRST observation of interference errors that others go on about ! But once I lifted and increased height - all sorted.

I had similar range as before, 2000m, BUT initially seemed much stronger but when it lost it - boy was it a fight ... it would keep flicking in and out of LOST SIGNAL and restarting RTH without my touching ! I had to rescue the machine in the end by doing my own fly home !!

Not impressed at all .... so I will be rechecking all calibrations, going through diagnostics to see where it is.

I noticed that my Go app was saying GOOGLE in the bottom left !! but no maps !! I have latest Go installed. Have they dumped HERE ?

Videos will be uploaded once processed.

Nigel

Reactions: neven
I had to rescue the machine in the end by doing my own fly home !!
Imagine that! Flying home on your own! LOL! ;-)

I've never used the RTH feature. On those occasions where signal was lost and RTH was automatically invoked, as soon as it came back into range, I would disengage RTH and fly it normally.

Back to your original topic, is everything else up-to-date? Controller firmware? Battery firmware? GO app?

I thought I was the only one with google maps showing , greyed out and useless , although here maps show up in the flight logs , my flight was ok until I got back home then phone disconnected , video flickered a couple times during flight but that's normal , AC was stable , no interference warnings , RTH worked perfectly , actually landed within 5 feet of home point , best ever .

All is latest updates .... even my Nexus has updated Android.

I actually usually do similar ... when signal returns - I cancel RTH and go back to flying her myself.

Luckily because I have upped the 2.4Ghz power - I have video to work with ... without it - it would be impossible at such distances.

Nigel

At home fired all up again and HERE is showing !!

Nigel

There does seem to be some weird conflict going one between here and google maps with this latest update. Litchi app with google maps works fine and I think I'll be sticking with it. Also I reloaded dgi go 3.0.0 and google maps works great in that version but I have not tried it in flight with the latest firmware version.

I've never used the RTH feature. On those occasions where signal was lost and RTH was automatically invoked, as soon as it came back into range, I would disengage RTH and fly it normally.
I still count that as using the RTH feature. As without this feature, you would never get it back in radio range without moving the controller closer to the craft.

Here's the video of my tablet display .... you can see the jumping back and forth between RTH and Lost Signal before I cut in and manually flew her home ... you can also see the GOOGLE name in the greyed out map box ...

Today I fly her again ... lets see what happens ...

Nigel

Today - I had good to 1100m and then intermittent out to 1500m ... I got to about 1800m and it caved in and RTH'd.

Today there was none of the shenanigans of yesterday ... when RTH kicked in it was stable but with a quirk that caught me out initially ... it asks if you want Old position or Current position. Well initially I assumed current position to be where it was ... 1800m away !!!! Its just bad wording - it should say Latest Home position !!

Anyway today was much better than yesterday ... and yes I recalibrated.

Maps were crap Here and no Google in sight.

Video will be uploaded.

Nigel

Old I think is previous Home position .... Current is the Take Off position that flight.

When I later chose current - it RTH to my take off position that flight.

Just bad wording I think.

Nigel

todays flight ...

Nigel

I still count that as using the RTH feature. As without this feature, you would never get it back in radio range without moving the controller closer to the craft.

I guess I should have said: I've never used the RTH feature *purposely*.

I taught myself how to fly quads and drones with absolutely no navigation aids, no video displays, and no collission avoidance systems, which is why I don't panic when I lose my video downlink signal. Also, as long as my aircraft is within VLOS, I can always quickly determine its orientation without a display or an app.

That said, if I lose actual RC-to-aircraft connection, then, yes, RTH is a godsend. [emoji2]

SoCalDude ..... I just flew back from Long Beach ... and sending one of my guys back out there !!

Anyway .... VLOS is fine - but these machines will fly further than VLOS ... I was getting 2000m before this update and good video ... no lag etc. etc.

What annoys me is that from a good 1500m out to 2000m I am now dropped back to 800m to 1500m .... doesnt sound much but it is part of the original idea of modifying my P3S ..

Intention was to get reliable and consistent video / control range of 1000m.

I had that with previous setup.

Now I have barely 800m ......................... AND the most ridiculous video lag I have ever seen !! I have a very good tablet that should NOT have this ...

Nigel

I know when there are times where my range suffers and I experience hiccups in signal, I always make sure all my components are up-to-date (RC, aircraft, battery, GO app). Once I updated all those, my signal goes back to the way it should be.

I've also noticed that the GO 4.0 app is much more stable (range-wise) than the previous app. Additionally, I've tested the new DJI GS Pro app, and it was just as stable.

I know when there are times where my range suffers and I experience hiccups in signal, I always make sure all my components are up-to-date (RC, aircraft, battery, GO app). Once I updated all those, my signal goes back to the way it should be.

I've also noticed that the GO 4.0 app is much more stable (range-wise) than the previous app. Additionally, I've tested the new DJI GS Pro app, and it was just as stable.

Sounds like you are a child of CA ... IPad ?

I'm using Android.

Nigel

Reactions: SoCalDude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues