Not very pleased with the P4

Reaction score
The more P4 videos I watch that are being released on youtube and such. I'm not impressed with the results at all. Too much, jello, too much rolling shutter. The camera/gimbal itself is shaking a lot worse than my P3P. Supposedly it has a more stabilized gimbal. I just can see how 2 mounts on a gimbal is more secure. It seems more like a lock down mount rather than freely moving around. If you don't believe me look at the videos on youtube yourself.

You have to wait for the real world review in order to judge. But from the design standpoint. P4 camera/gimbal look like a polish product while old P3 seem more like a DIY project.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The more P4 videos I watch that are being released on youtube and such. I'm not impressed with the results at all. Too much, jello, too much rolling shutter. The camera/gimbal itself is shaking a lot worse than my P3P. Supposedly it has a more stabilized gimbal. I just can see how 2 mounts on a gimbal is more secure. It seems more like a lock down mount rather than freely moving around. If you don't believe me look at the videos on youtube yourself.
I saw the jello you're referring to in the vid on YouTube earlier today. But I assured myself they wouldn't release a new phantom and introduce new jello problems...Are you referring to this video or another?

Also not going no to make judgements based on one unofficial video. How do we know it's really a phantom 4? How did he get his hands on one unless he's a tester? A lot of people use the phantom name in their titles as clickbait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to wait for the real world review in order to judge. But from the design standpoint. P4 camera/gimbal look like a polish product while old P3 seem more like a DIY project.

Who gives a crap if the new design "Looks" polished, if its not better or as good as the P3P its a failure

Who gives a crap if the new design "Looks" polished, if its not better or as good as the P3P its a failure
Because that's all we have to judge by at this early stage of product rollout. It take engineer and vision to come out with a polish product.

A lot of CMOS sensors will be subject to rolling shutter. Even on high end DSLR's. I don't see it as a problem because it's easy to work with using ND filters. It's too early to judge. I wouldn't trust any videos either unless they are straight from DJI.

Won't these just be videos made by people who have never heard of ND filters?

UK

It is interesting that there are no apparent dampers on the new camera/gimbal isolating it from the frame. That might be a sore spot with an out-of-balance prop. I can't imagine this wasn't tested but I guess we'll have to wait & see.

It is interesting that there are no apparent dampers on the new camera/gimbal isolating it from the frame. That might be a sore spot with an out-of-balance prop. I can't imagine this wasn't tested but I guess we'll have to wait & see.
Same design/ system as the inspire right? No problems I'm aware if there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dampener is built in. The gimbal / body are separate pieces. It's just much more flush and mounted better than the 3 series.

The video didn't seem to suffer from rolling shutter - it looks more like the shutter speed is too fast. As has been pointed out, a correctly used ND filter will likely help quite a bit. Images seem crisp and sharp. But we will have to wait and see, I'm afraid.

I wouldn't base any opinions, on a small sampling of undocumented videos, You Tube compression, as well as poor technique, can make 4K look bad sometimes.
In the near future we will start to see a lot of P4 videos, and then we can consider owner comments, as well as video.

I am not noticing jello. This is from Ken too so its legit..

That video was extraordinary.
And impressing how good the object avoidance worked.

I doubt, though, that it would have been able to avoid those power lines that passed by just beneath.

I am sure that someone will be brave enough to test your theory in the future. I would view this as a safety function anyway so hopefully I would never have to test it.

I only ordered one for the flight time, and the speed increase. It should be just as fast as my inspire :D

I wouldn't base any opinions, on a small sampling of undocumented videos, You Tube compression, as well as poor technique, can make 4K look bad sometimes.
In the near future we will start to see a lot of P4 videos, and then we can consider owner comments, as well as video.

Very true!

Because that's all we have to judge by at this early stage of product rollout. It take engineer and vision to come out with a polish product.

The word you keep looking for is 'polished' i.e. A 'polished product'

'Polish' as you keep typing, refers to something or someone who comes from or originates from Poland.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dirty Bird

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues