Not using the GoPro battery

Reaction score
I removed the battery from my GoPro and just used the power from the Zenmuse to run my camera. Anybody know of any complications from doing this?

I would tend to go the other way and use the go pro battery and disconnect the power from the gimbal .

As long as the gimbal still balances and doesn't struggle, you shouldn't have any issues. However, the 1 time you disconnect the main battery before stopping the video-you'll regret it. Because the GP may not save the last file it was writing, and you'll lose that footage.
The battery draw from the GP is negligible...I'd leave it in, as that's the way the Zen was designed and balanced for.

havasuphoto said:
As long as the gimbal still balances and doesn't struggle...

Thanks for those tips. I went and experimented with it today and, over the span of an afternoon, I literally had all the issues you described. The gimbal lost balance once, I lost video on power down, and I also lost GoPro power when the Phantom battery got very low.

Got it - keep the GoPro battery in.

Eos630 said:
havasuphoto said:
As long as the gimbal still balances and doesn't struggle...

Thanks for those tips. I went and experimented with it today and, over the span of an afternoon, I literally had all the issues you described. The gimbal lost balance once, I lost video on power down, and I also lost GoPro power when the Phantom battery got very low.

Got it - keep the GoPro battery in.
Glad I could help. You don't want to "waste" a good flight-and lose the video :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31