Not used my P4 for 2 years and both batteries are dead

Reaction score
Hi, I didn’t use my P4 for a couple of years and when I tried the batteries one initially flashed on the charger, but wouldn’t recharge, the other, I don’t think lit up at all. The drone and batteries only have about 4 hours from new, the batteries were always kept charged until I didn’t use the drone when Covid lock down came along.

I am not sure if there is a way to recover the batteries or if there is a refurb service in the UK? The price of a new battery is quite high, are any of the after market batteries worth considering?

I didn’t use my P4 much as I also have a Mavic Pro and until I crashed it in the sea a Mavic Air.

Ta

Reactions: 1EagleDave
The batteries must be maintained, all lipos do. Recommend charging at least 3x a year. If yours don’t recover after overnight charge, dispose of properly. Aftermarket is a tough one and suggest looking at buyer reviews. They often change manufacturers so you never know. I have a couple that work but a friend had his P4P shut down and crash on the first flight with aftermarket.

Hi, I didn’t use my P4 for a couple of years and when I tried the batteries one initially flashed on the charger, but wouldn’t recharge, the other, I don’t think lit up at all. The drone and batteries only have about 4 hours from new, the batteries were always kept charged until I didn’t use the drone when Covid lock down came along.

I am not sure if there is a way to recover the batteries or if there is a refurb service in the UK? The price of a new battery is quite high, are any of the after market batteries worth considering?

I didn’t use my P4 much as I also have a Mavic Pro and until I crashed it in the sea a Mavic Air.

Ta
YouTube shows a variety of reviving methods.

YouTube shows a variety of reviving methods.
There’s a way to Re-activate these batteries by a temporary jumper! Look it up online! I’ve had this happen about a year ago!! Worked fine! It resets the battery internal circuitry!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31