Not sure what to by for first drone

Reaction score
I'm new here and to the drone world in general. Iv been doing a lot of reading and think I Have it narrowed down to 2 potential drones for my 1st drone. I've come across a new unopened Phantom 4 with extra battery and a DJI Refurbished Maverick pro for $699. As I like the idea of a brand new Phantom 4 over a refurbished model price is kind of a big deal. Alone with that I've read a lot of complaints about problems with the Gimbal, GPS, In landing on the Maverick pro. But i definitely like How cheap the accessories are for the Maverick if I ended up with one that did not have problems. My question to all of you is which one should I go with being new to the drone world?

Either of those will be a fine choice. I'd suggest you look closely at the difference in the cameras.

SB

I'm new here and to the drone world in general. Iv been doing a lot of reading and think I Have it narrowed down to 2 potential drones for my 1st drone. I've come across a new unopened Phantom 4 with extra battery and a DJI Refurbished Maverick pro for $699. As I like the idea of a brand new Phantom 4 over a refurbished model price is kind of a big deal. Alone with that I've read a lot of complaints about problems with the Gimbal, GPS, In landing on the Maverick pro. But i definitely like How cheap the accessories are for the Maverick if I ended up with one that did not have problems. My question to all of you is which one should I go with being new to the drone world?
The real issue is, how do you plan to use it? For many people the portability of the Mavic is it's biggest selling point. I could easily fit the Mavic Pro and it's remote in with my regular camera backpack. The Phantom however gets it's own dedicated backpack. If I recall correctly the Mavic Pro and original Phantom 4 share a camera, so it may really be a matter of portability there. Here's an article on DroneLife comparing the two: Phantom 4 v Mavic Pro – How DJI’s Drones Compare

Reactions: Rev Curtis
If you desire a real good flying camera for a reasonable price I would go for a Phantom 4 advanced because of the better camera. I have a P4 and have been flying it for over 20 months now with about 1500 miles and over 400 flights and no issues except for the occasional tilted horizon that is easily corrected in flight. For me the extra sensors on the P4 plus is not a factor. Even if you are not that into video and photography you will surly start once you see the amazing scenes you will be shooting. My next drone will be of the Phantom series with a better camera than I have now witch is pretty good BTW. If you just want to fly around see stuff with OK video and need portability a mavic is tops, if portability is not an issue I would get a Phantom A just for the better camera and a bit more stable in wind.

Reactions: Rev Curtis
Rev Curtis: We started with the P4P+ and have no regrets. You get what you pay for.

If best-quality video is important to you, consider the same. If not, it doesn’t matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.