not sure what i am doing wrong

Reaction score
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have a phantom vision, following start up procedures as specified in the wiki and user manual. I am getting the green slow blinking light saying it is in gps mode. app shows 10 satelites connected but it will not hover, just goes in circles that increase larger and larger. it also increases in speed as the circles get bigger. never hovers or stays still when the sticks are centered. I have updated the firmware and sticks are calibrated and software says no need to calibrate imu

Circling about a position while hovering w/sticks centered sounds like your compass needs calibration. But be very sure you're away from any metal or magnetic objects, power lines, buried pipes & cables, including stuff on your person like keys, celfone, etc. Follow the procedure in the manual or watch DJI's Compass Calibration video. If you attempt to calibrate near any one of these, your PV may not hold station or fly correctly. Do not climb or fly more than a few feet until you get this resolved.

If you have a new Vision, make sure it's running v1.05 or later firmware. Current firmware is v1.08. Click here if you want step-by-step instructions: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394

iDrone

yes i have the latest versions. according to the software the compass mod is 1300, my understanding is that is within normal operating range. trying to fly in an open field. no nearby powerlines.

haven't tried it with s1 in the middle, just going by the manual to fly with both s1 and s2 in the top position. we will try it tomorrow, if it still circles or doesn't what is that telling me? will I learn of a reason gps mode isn't working properly?

I'll assume you upgraded your TX/Controller as well. Also, make sure you're hands-off sticks when powering-up the TX/Controller. Other than that I'd visually inspect the compass sensor & connector which is bolted to one of the legs. The gray flex cable's white plug should be fully seated in the compass board's beige connector. All 4-screws in the bracket should be present and nothing should be stuck on the surface of the compass. If it still doesn't hold station in GPS mode I'd hold-off flying til someone else can help, and if unresolved file a trouble report on DJI's website and copy your dealer.

iDrone

racerd632 said:
...wewill try it tomorrow, if it still circles or doesn't what is that telling me? will I learn of a reason gps mode isn't working properly?

Out-of-box, S1 Middle is non-GPS mode: So if it hovers & remains reasonably stable (taking into consideration any wind drift present) but starts circling when switched to S1 Up (GPS mode) there my be a conflict between compass & GPS. But if it starts circling in S1 Middle, then I'd suspect inertial guidance. Connect the PV to Vision Assistant and calibrate the IMU.

(An inertial measurement unit, or IMU, is an electronic device that measures and reports on a craft's velocity, orientation, and gravitational forces, using a combination of accelerometers and gyroscopes, sometimes also magnetometers. Wikipedia)

iDrone

took it out just now, it doesn't circle in attitude mode. I was actually able to fly and soft land. gps still circles.

You need to go into it with assistant, under TOOLS do advance IMU calibration (takes about 10 mins at longest) then do compass calibration.

I think someone needs to start a thread on the different calibrations. To many folks are doing just the compass calibrations (from what I'm reading) There are other things like stick calibration, IMU, etc that all have to be done periodically

And like someone said earlier, make sure you update the firmware on the transmitter also. If it doesn't have the micro usb port on the case you'll need to open her up and plug in on the circuit board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20