Not sure what happened....Except that it CRASHED!!!

Reaction score
I've flown the same P3P for over a year now with absolutely zero issues...ever! Today though, I took off with established home point in GPS mode and about 50' in the air and about 100' feet in front of me, I start hearing "ATTI MODE.....ATTI MODE...." and the thing starts going nuts. Plenty of satellites on startup, no interference issues. I got one 90 degree rotation and an up momentum before it stopped responding to any of my commands. I switched to ATTI MODE to match but still no control. There was a slight wind, and as I watched it fly backwards with the wind, I saw what turned out to be the battery fall out. (At first I thought it was a prop). Luckily, the bird was in the woods right where the DJI go app had its last lock. Basically it fell straight down after the battery came out. It was beat up and the fall broke the gimbal cables, but no other apparent physical damage. Props weren't even nicked, but I'll never use them again, just in case. My 2 concerns are: would the battery not being COMPLETELY installed cause the erroneous flight issues; and this was the first flight after installing the HDMI module, but I didn't update the firmware after installation, could that have been the real cause and the battery was just a coincidence? Any ideas?

You have your answer, the battery was not locked in all the way. It happens. I have double checked mine before and although I was positive I had pushed it all the way in, it still clicked. It was probably loosing connection when it switched to ATTI. Lesson learned.

The HDMI module had nothing to do with it nor did the firmware. Neither of those can cause the battery to fall out.

Yeh, I know. The firmware question was geared more toward the erratic flying not as an implied cause of the battery coming out. Like you said though, the battery coming loose was probably the more likely culprit all by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had this happen, but I got a warning about the battery coms. Came back very quietly, hand caught, as always. No problems - and yes, the battery wasn't right in. Flew again straight away with another battery. And another. Normal. Finally used the same battery again - it still had 80%[i had 3] & that was normal too. Make sure they click fully in & that the tabs at the top & bottom both spring back! I found out the easy way! You found out the hard way. I also have the hdmi module. Interestingly, that extra output keeps going even if the app stops. I use it for FPV goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4