Not impressed w/Litchi (paid version)

Reaction score
Used Litchi and not real impressed yet. Granted, it is only my 1st time using it but the video is lagging and choppy. Switch to DJI-GO and the video has no lag and is smooth. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when flying with Litchi, the P3s is less stable than when using the GO app...noticeably so. And I did calibrate the compass.

What tablet/phone? Do you have the option of enabling hardware decoding toggled on in dji go app?

Also do you have Go app completely closed and onlt Litchi on?

Reactions: fordruid
OK, good then it's not just me. I noticed the same thing. It was a bit more subtle for me but still had the same issues. This is why I hate paying for software like that not really getting to try it. Which version are you using? IOS or Android? I am using the Android version which is suppose to be the better of the two. It's not real bad, but I would have thought it might be better based on all of the reviews on the software. I may just have to tweek it a bit still. I am still learning about the software. At least it has some much better documentation.

Mike

Reactions: Squirrel!
Android. And using Acer Iconia Tab 10...GO app completely closed.

I was using the Acer as well. I had the video delay even with DJI GO. I have since went to using a Nvidia Shield. Lots better.

I'm not up on Android stuff. I've never had any downlink lag with iOS stuff even with several beta testing versions of Litchi.

If your tablet processor can handle it( like I said I'm not up on Android stuff) it likely is signal orientation or some kind of software/app options not optimized.
If the Acer getting hot?

Acer is running fine it seems. Not hot. Is a recommended device from DJI...

Do you have hardware decoding enabled in Litchi?

Missing or lagging FPV is almost always caused by the other conflicting app not being force-closed.

Try this flow... it took me a while to figure this out too:

1. Before everything else, go to Settings > Apps > Downloaded and Force Close both DJI Go and Litchi
2. Power up the remote controller then the aircraft
3. Wait for the power LED on the controller to turn Green (5-10 seconds)
4. Connect your tablet's WiFi to the Phantom network
5. Launch either DJI Go or Litchi (one or the other, NEVER both)

I have 99% success with this method. No more lagging video. The 1% being Android deciding not to cooperate. A reboot cleared it and never had the problem since.

Reactions: SS220 and Squirrel!
Never tried that.
I will give it try as well. Thanks.

Make sure that you only have litchi running, dji go in the background is going to cause issues. Also use physical bottom or switch on rc for rth

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squirrel!
Just ran two missions. One out in the middle of nowhere and one over an empty field in town. Got serious lag and disconnects in town. Perhaps the OP is in an area with lots of wifi interference.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope. Live in the boonies... :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic