NOT GOOD NEWS

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-29645580

this is all we need I was ask by a member of my family who was at the football game if it was me I said no who ever it was and broken the law for loads of reason .

so to the idiot that as been flying in Nottingham over the football games read up on the law as you have broken it more then once if you are a site member thank you my family member who was at the game on duty yes he his a copper as told me the police have been told to pull anyone in flying a drone. talk about messing it up for everyone

I don't like punctuation either.

shaun27 said:
my family member who was at the game on duty yes he his a copper as told me the police have been told to pull anyone in flying a drone. talk about messing it up for everyone

Sorry from the states but when you say "The police have been told to pull anyone flying a drone" what exactly does that mean?

Are they going to arrest anyone flying a drone? or are they gonna stop and ask if you flew over the stadium?

i dont think you will be arrested unless you did something wrong right?
Having a cop stop and ask you questions..lol im African American in the US i get that all the time lol

Shaun I dont see your day could be ruined by this :) In Los Angeles we call that checkin in lol

In the UK, you cannot fly within 150m of gatherings of more than 1000 people, or over towns and cities. For that reason, anyone flying near or over a football stadium would be breaching the Air Navigation and can be arrested and their quad seized.

eckoner said:
shaun27 said:
my family member who was at the game on duty yes he his a copper as told me the police have been told to pull anyone in flying a drone. talk about messing it up for everyone

Sorry from the states but when you say "The police have been told to pull anyone flying a drone" what exactly does that mean?

Are they going to arrest anyone flying a drone? or are they gonna stop and ask if you flew over the stadium?

Having a cop stop and ask you questions..lol im African American in the US i get that all the time lol

Shaun I dont see your day could be ruined by this :) In Los Angeles we call that checkin in lol

The laws regarding drones are far more strict in the UK than they are here, and from what it sounds like, are strictly enforced.

GoodnNuff said:
eckoner said:
shaun27 said:

The laws regarding drones are far more strict in the UK than they are here, and from what it sounds like, are strictly enforced.

Yeah i lived in Sweden for a few years and spent lots of time in London. Very aware of the fact that laws and ways of enforcing them are slightly different there than here in the US.

Even with all of the Islamic Fundamentalism issues they have i still think the government and system there is a bit more evolved so an arrest only comes after probable cause leads to some sort of investigation and then punishment only if found guilty of some crime.

So i could see if i were somewhere in London flying "LEGALLY" a cop has suspicion i committed a crime with my drone, yes he could take me and it down to the station to further conduct his investigation. Yes i could even see that happening here in the US.
BUTTTTT.....if i did nothing wrong i will be released along with my property.

Yeah that would suck if it happened, and im sure it would make me late for my next meeting, i may have to pay some fee or not for the inconvenience, I would possibly be embarrassed by the whole thing, perhaps the cop looses one of my props.
Even after all of that i would be ticked but ...it's par for the course i would say!

UK
Personal use of drones, usually referred to as UAV’s in the UK, is governed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Air Navigation Regulations, and in very basic terms the most pertinent rules for drone enthusiasts are:

It must be kept within line of sight at all times by the pilot – this is usually considered to be 500 metres horizontally and 400 feet vertically. You’re also not allowed to work around the line of sight rule by having spotters or relying on someone not in control of the drone relaying messages about its position.

Operation beyond the distances stated need special approval from the CAA.

The pilot must not recklessly or negligently cause or permit an aircraft to endanger any person or property.

Drones must not be flown within 150 metres of any congested area, within 150 metres of an outdoor assembly of more than 1,000 people, or within 50 metres of any individual except during take-off and landing.

You’re also not allowed to fly drones within 50 metres of any other vehicle, structure or property that’s not under your control.

Unmanned aircraft with a camera attached or built-in are classified as an unmanned surveillance aircraft, and are also subject to stricter rules regarding the operation. For example, if there’s a camera on-board, you’re not allowed to fly the drone within 30 metres of any inidividual, rather than 50 metres.

Additionally, it’s worth bearing in mind that if you’re flying it and collect identifiable images of individuals, you’ll have to conform with the Data Protection Act (DPA) or seek the appropriate exemptions – in most cases non-commercial use is permitted, but you can’t then later use any of the images or footage you captured for gain.

Again, if you want to use your personal drone within these minimum distances of people, you’ll need an exemption or waiver from the CAA.

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2014/07/0 ... ers-guide/

GoodnNuff said:
UK
Personal use of drones, usually referred to as UAV’s in the UK, is governed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Air Navigation Regulations, and in very basic terms the most pertinent rules for drone enthusiasts are:

It must be kept within line of sight at all times by the pilot – this is usually considered to be 500 metres horizontally and 400 feet vertically. You’re also not allowed to work around the line of sight rule by having spotters or relying on someone not in control of the drone relaying messages about its position.

Operation beyond the distances stated need special approval from the CAA.

The pilot must not recklessly or negligently cause or permit an aircraft to endanger any person or property.

Drones must not be flown within 150 metres of any congested area, within 150 metres of an outdoor assembly of more than 1,000 people, or within 50 metres of any individual except during take-off and landing.

You’re also not allowed to fly drones within 50 metres of any other vehicle, structure or property that’s not under your control.

Unmanned aircraft with a camera attached or built-in are classified as an unmanned surveillance aircraft, and are also subject to stricter rules regarding the operation. For example, if there’s a camera on-board, you’re not allowed to fly the drone within 30 metres of any inidividual, rather than 50 metres.

Additionally, it’s worth bearing in mind that if you’re flying it and collect identifiable images of individuals, you’ll have to conform with the Data Protection Act (DPA) or seek the appropriate exemptions – in most cases non-commercial use is permitted, but you can’t then later use any of the images or footage you captured for gain.

Again, if you want to use your personal drone within these minimum distances of people, you’ll need an exemption or waiver from the CAA.

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2014/07/0 ... ers-guide/

I really dont see anything wrong with the regulation listed here. The little bit of time i have spent there i can tell you quite a few cool places to fly where you would be adhering to the laws, having fun and getting good footage at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub