Not going to register

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
NOT GOING TO REGISTER my sons fixed wing plane (drone over 4 lbs) who is a child. And allow his information to be made public.
seems we can get a registration number for our planes and then use the same number to use on quadcopters. What is the point?
Too many sheeple at the moment and will sit back and watch. Reason im still running 1.2.6 and no problems.

Reactions: SDODD
Actually, since he is a child - you would simply register in your name. I'm not even sure that minors can legally register.

Must be 13 years of age to register a UAV with the FAA. Parents register on behalf of their children under 13.

Must be 13 years of age to register a UAV with the FAA. Parents register on behalf of their children under 13.

When you register you agree to fly by their recommendations , A contract per se. You cannot contract with a minor. When I saw the 13+ age limit at the FAA site that was the first thing that came to mind. They should require legal guardians to register anyone under 18 years of age.

Reactions: Richard W
When you register you agree to fly by their recommendations , A contract per se. You cannot contract with a minor. When I saw the 13+ age limit at the FAA site that was the first thing that came to mind. They should require legal guardians to register anyone under 18 years of age.

Very true being it is not legal for any one including the faa to try and get a 13 year old to enter in to any sort of contract nore can a 13 year old be punished for not holding up there end of a contract. I also dont know many 13 year old kids with there own credit or debit cards.
But according to the faa they still do recommenced that a parent or other adult register it in there name. If some one buys one as a gift they are also allowed to register it for who ever they are getting it for.

Thats how I did it for one of my friends sons who I gave my old fc40 to because her ex husband is a big time freak and they do not want there home address listed any were the freak could easily just find them and harass them.

Its certainly questionable if the "agreement" is even binding anyway. I suspect the FAA knows this but only want it in there so people think they have to follow those guidelines. The FAA created a _registration_, not regulation. Even the FAA agrees that limited regulation can be made against hobby use. They have also been charged with creating regulations but have not fulfilled this requirement yet (which should have taken place 9/2015). Personally, I'm not following the "agreement", will continue to abide by current regulations and also fly in a safe manner at all times.

I love it when individuals automatically call others sheeple when they disagree with those who make a decision to abide by a request to follow a rule. YOU DON'T want to register your kid... Period... Why insinuate that you're somehow superior? Last time I checked real "rebels" don't need validation in forums.

I love it when individuals automatically call others sheeple when they disagree with those who make a decision to abide by a request to follow a rule. YOU DON'T want to register your kid... Period... Why insinuate that you're somehow superior? Last time I checked real "rebels" don't need validation in forums.
We have two sides to the coin you guys call them tin foil hat make remarks trying to make them look stupid . People have there reasons for how they fill. Calling each other names is like a bunch of high school girls on both sides . Some here even go out of there way to start fights by baiting others .

Fair enough, and agree, I shouldn't have called anyone sheeple. After re-reading my post it could have insinuated I felt superior, but not intended, and by no means meant it that way. Sorry to offend anyone.

I'm frustrated the way FAA is going about this and the seemingly knee jerk reactions to establish/ implement rules. FAA says you need to be 13 to register, but drone manufacturers don't require a child be 13 to purchase. And drones aren't limited to quadcopters. Registration is required if you fly a fixed wing airplane, helicopter.. etc. weighing more than a couple pounds.
Good point made earlier in this thread about children not having a credit card. A 16 yr old is still a minor but can go buy a drone. He/She can't register it though.
I wish the AMA played a bigger part helping the FAA set rules. NRA and gun rights come to mind.
Registration will not ensure the operator is knowledgeable or competent to operate a drone, it seemingly just puts your name on a public list that you own one, where you live and paid $5 and read the flight guidelines.

Reactions: J.James and Buckaye
Fair enough, and agree, I shouldn't have called anyone sheeple. After re-reading my post it could have insinuated I felt superior, but not intended, and by no means meant it that way. Sorry to offend anyone.

I'm frustrated the way FAA is going about this and the seemingly knee jerk reactions to establish/ implement rules. FAA says you need to be 13 to register, but drone manufacturers don't require a child be 13 to purchase. And drones aren't limited to quadcopters. Registration is required if you fly a fixed wing airplane, helicopter.. etc. weighing more than a couple pounds.
Good point made earlier in this thread about children not having a credit card. A 16 yr old is still a minor but can go buy a drone. He/She can't register it though.
I wish the AMA played a bigger part helping the FAA set rules. NRA and gun rights come to mind.
Registration will not ensure the operator is knowledgeable or competent to operate a drone, it seemingly just puts your name on a public list that you own one, where you live and paid $5 and read the flight guidelines.

Cool response... thanks. I think the FAA is trying to solve a problem that is really difficult to solve, and I am not sure that what they did will really solve the problem. However, as I have said before in other threads, if this is the ONLY thing that comes about by way of trying to put some rules around things... then I think we got off easy. I get why parents want to protect their kids' information... so I understand where your concern starts.

Reactions: Colorado68
Registration is required if you fly a fixed wing airplane, helicopter.. etc. weighing more than a couple pounds.
Q14. Is there a weight limit on what requires registration?
A. All owners of small UAS weighing more than 250 grams (0.55 lbs.) and less than 55 lbs. must register using this new system
Q27. Is there a minimum age requirement?
A. Yes. You must be 13 years of age or older before you are permitted to register an unmanned aircraft. If the owner is less than 13 years of age, then a person who is at least 13 years of age must register the unmanned aircraft.

My favorite meme is that arguing on the internet is like the special Olympics. You may win but you are still a retarded.

Come on man is that really needed?

Well it might not stand up in court and very well wouldn't stand up in any court even tho a minor can still go to the faa and register if they have a card to use. and its surprising they don't even have the standard disclaimer saying if a kid is under 18 to at least have there parents permission first. They even stick that on products that have websites with free stuff like on line games and what not.

But lol if they want to save up there money and go buy one of these "evil" flying death drones and even register it behind there parants back. Its no ?s asked. In this day and age and being that minors cant vote any way I'm real surprised some one is not already calling for requiring some one to even be a certain ago to even be able to pilot any drone or rc craft over a certain size or weight. Not that I think they should and more just one of them things that I would not be surprised to see if they ever wanted to push for more restrictions and just start with one segment and chisel away bit by bit till they are more and more restricted. and to go after minors first is an easy one being they have no voice politically and arnt really fully fledged citizens being they cant vote and they don't even pay taxes or own any property. lol there almost as easy as doing some thing to the homeless. cept kids don't have advocate groups if some one makes rules against them having things the general public views as dangerous.

My favorite meme is that arguing on the internet is like the special Olympics. You may win but you are still a retarded.
My niece competed in several of the Special Olympics held at Park City, Utah. She never medaled, but it was thrilling for her, and at age 43, still among her favorite life stories to tell. She has Down's Syndrome and was often called a ****** growing up. She learned to deal with it.
We have a standing telephone date - she calls every Tuesday and I really look forward to her calls. She is able to hold her end of a conversation on various topics, has held a few jobs in her life, and is really a pretty amazing person. I feel really fortunate to have her in my family and in my life. I've learned a lot from knowing her, and I'm grateful for that.

My niece competed in several of the Special Olympics held at Park City, Utah. She never medaled, but it was thrilling for her, and at age 43, still among her favorite life stories to tell. She has Down's Syndrome and was often called a ****** growing up. She learned to deal with it.
We have a standing telephone date - she calls every Tuesday and I really look forward to her calls. She is able to hold her end of a conversation on various topics, has held a few jobs in her life, and is really a pretty amazing person. I feel really fortunate to have her in my family and in my life. I've learned a lot from knowing her, and I'm grateful for that.

Well said, and you are a lucky person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj