Not getting much distance. Thoughts?

Reaction score
I have the Phantom2 with 7 inch DSLR monitor and 5.8GHZ transmitter. The videos I see show guys getting extreme distances. I do not. About 400 feet out, the video breaks up or goes out totally. I have the diversity receiver and antennas are a mushroom and a square panel style. The TX antenna is a rubber duck pointing straight down. I have tried different freq. settings but the results are about the same. I am considering different antennas with more gain or longer wavelength to assist but didn't want to spend the money unnecessarily. I appreciate any input you guys might have.
Thanks,

Phil H
Indian Rocks Beach, FL

Get a decent pair of cloverleaf antennas for the transmitter and receiver: they aren't expensive, and should significantly increase your range.

What video transmitter are you using?

I have an Immersion 600mW with cloverleafs on the TX and RX and can get at least 4x that distance, even with trees and the odd building in the way.

No idea what TX they supply, but based on the kit price, probably nothing that special. Try a new antenna first, then think about upgrading the TX. If you go for Cloverleaf, ensure they are all polarised the same - either left hand or right hand.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4