Not getting GPS lock? Just go higher!

Reaction score
There are some areas where I find it hard to GPS lock. What I do that works almost every time is launch fast and get the drone as high up as possible above obstacles (so that when it's in ATTI mode, it doesn't crash) and once it's high up, it tends to GPS lock. Does this seem to work for everyone else?

Odd.
Where are you located?
Are you in a city or rural location?
Does it occur wherever you're located?
Has it always happened or is it a new issue?

That's not the way one should fly. The home point is recorded after craft gets its gps lock and all other references are made with respect to home point.

It's better to plan your home point well in advance.

Last edited:
That's not the way one should fly. The home point is recorded after craft gets its gps lock and all other references are made with respect to home point.

It's better to plan your home point well in advance.
Yeah, sometimes, it just doesn't lock until I get up in the air. Home is still right around where I stand, just higher up in the air.

Me too at home in small clearing around our log home in middle of 120ft tall 100 acres solid forest. I too must climb up in atti and hover until gps lock. Some of us have no other choice. My p2v3+ typically must hover at 120ft for 3,4 minutes to get lock. Then I can climb to 300,400ft and fly Vos 1500ft max unit range, or let it go on gps mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4