Not enough power to take with PH3 pro

Reaction score
New battery is full charged, The bird has been working well until now. Mode 1 and throttle stick is at left. After Calibrate and power up, there is not enough revs for lift off. Nothing has been changed in the DJI Go app or on the RC. I bought this PH3Pro at Xmas - a few months ago and i has only done in total, 4 hrs. Any idea what could be the cause of not enough revs to take off?

Jim

New battery is full charged, The bird has been working well until now. Mode 1 and throttle stick is at left. After Calibrate and power up, there is not enough revs for lift off. Nothing has been changed in the DJI Go app or on the RC. I bought this PH3Pro at Xmas - a few months ago and i has only done in total, 4 hrs. Any idea what could be the cause of not enough revs to take off?

Jim
Throttle stick is on right in Mode 1. :rolleyes:

Ah hah! That explains it. I was in Mode 2 before... doh... Will try this now.

Thanks,
True confession: I was once in Mode 2 and had a senior moment, and tried to take off using forward right stick only. It acted exactly as you described! Eventually, I figured it out! Been there, done that! We are both lucky that it doesn't just tip forward and fall over, destroying the props. Apparently, there is a fail safe built in to protect us from ourselves! ;)

Your pulling our leg surely? You were only saying last week your CASA flight instructor was training you flying mode1. Hope you have it sorted.

Your pulling our leg surely? You were only saying last week your CASA flight instructor was training you flying mode1. Hope you have it sorted.

Yes I have, much to my embarrassment. It's been a learning curve. Mind you, some others were also in the same boat but now its all sorted.

Aside, do you know why DJI has Mode 1 & 2 in their UAV's and does this apply to ALL UAV's or just DJI?

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Yes I have, much to my embarrassment. It's been a learning curve. Mind you, some others were also in the same boat but now its all sorted.

Aside, do you know why DJI has Mode 1 & 2 in their UAV's? Does this apply to ALL UAV's or just DJI?

Thanks for the reply!

I suspect it applies to all UAV's.... It applies on my other RC's for Helis and Aeroplanes. I started with Mode1 but quickly developed a preference for Mode2.

I suspect it applies to all UAV's.... It applies on my other RC's for Helis and Aeroplanes. I started with Mode1 but quickly developed a preference for Mode2.

Hmmm.. this is interesting. The trainer said most of the UAV's he knows of, fly in M1, but another said a lot of users prefer M2. Personally, I like M2 but to conform to all the others, we used M1. When it came to do a 'Circuit', using M1 seemed a bit daunting so they said, try M2 and found it a lot easier! So I just got mixed up. Anyway It's nice to know we have experienced pilots here on this forumn to help those like me, who try too hard to get it right.. lol.. .

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I think that trainer of yours might be a bit 'out to lunch', I've found the standard to be Mode 2 across the board.

Reactions: dirtybum
Hmmm.. this is interesting. The trainer said most of the UAV's he knows of, fly in M1, but another said a lot of users prefer M2. Personally, I like M2 but to conform to all the others, we used M1. When it came to do a 'Circuit', using M1 seemed a bit daunting so they said, try M2 and found it a lot easier! So I just got mixed up. Anyway It's nice to know we have experienced pilots here on this forumn to help those like me, who try too hard to get it right.. lol.. .

Mode 2 is way more used than mode 1. Your 'instructor' (really?) should be questioned.

Reactions: dirtybum
Does it have anything to do with what part of the world you're in?

Reactions: Trackman1
Can you please enlarge on this? I just can't understand why RC aircraft have two Modes. I mean it's not like driving on the left or right is it? Airspace is airspace, eh?
It's exactly like that. Well, more like the steering wheel being on the left vs. right. Mode 2 (throttle on left stick) is nearly universal in the US. Other countries, apparently not so much.

It's exactly like that. Well, more like the steering wheel being on the left vs. right. Mode 2 (throttle on left stick) is nearly universal in the US. Other countries, apparently not so much.

Thank you for this!

From what I seen here and other forums, the M1 and M2 are a personal choice. If M1 suits the op for their flight then so be it and vice versa.

Could it could also be whether the op is left or right hand which can dictate which Mode they feel comfortable with, to Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Throttle?

Not sure about left vs right handed, it would seem functions on both sticks are just as important.

MODE1 is arguably more suited to flying high performance rc aeroplanes close to the ground and around pylons etc where very precise control of aileron and elevator (roll and pitch) may be easier with them on seperate sticks.

MODE2 would seem a better fit for quads as they can hover and you can move off in any horizontal direction using the one stick while yawing as required with the other. Closer to a real heli in control layout (pitch and roll on one stick).

My guess is your instructor is from the mode1 camp and its more convenient for his to teach you what he is most familliar with.

Thinking about that for a sec everything is moved left to right, wheel is still in front of you with shifter on the left and throttle to the right of the brake and cluth pedals and you still sit closer to the middle of the road.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik