Not DJI......battery and....error

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just upgraded my P2 to V3.04 and I getting a flashing box, saying "Not DJI Intelligent battery" and "Abnormal compass data. Please restart the flight controller or reconnect the compass due to the loose connection."

The battery is a DJI. Any thoughts or help, cheers Mark

Upload factory defaults per Tools page in Assistant software

"Upload factory defaults per Tools page" Many thx.

I found the tools page but where is the factory defaults?

It's nothing to worry about. I also get that message if I have the Phantom assistant software open when I turn on the Phantom. If you turn the Phantom on first then start the Phantom assistant software you won't see it. It's a timing issue during initialisation.

Uploading factory defaults won't help you . Plus you can't do that anyway on a P2 as we don't have that option.

Didn't work for me either. In addition after upgrading to V3.04 and getting the Compass err message not getting any lights on the bottom of the quad now. Any thoughts

I have this same problem... both battery and compass errors. I also have no lights after the initial startup. Please help!

lmclaren said:
Didn't work for me either. In addition after upgrading to V3.04 and getting the Compass err message not getting any lights on the bottom of the quad now. Any thoughts

limesed said:
I have this same problem... both battery and compass errors. I also have no lights after the initial startup. Please help!

lmclaren said:

Same here. Updated to 3.04 and I get the same errors and no lights on the Phantom. Completely unresponsive to the remote as well. What the hell is going on?!? I can downgrade back to 1.08 and everything works perfectly.

TheEngineer said:
limesed said:

lmclaren said:

Same here. Updated to 3.04 and I get the same errors and no lights on the Phantom. Completely unresponsive to the remote as well. What the hell is going on?!? I can downgrade back to 1.08 and everything works perfectly.

How do you downgrade?

I am having the same issue and in addition to the symptoms listed above my HD-3D gimbal has gone from sounding like it's trying to tear itself apart to doing nothing when I power up...

This has cropped up in several threads today. It's not 3.04 that's the problem, it seems to be a problem between the iOSD Mini and the P330CB 1.0.1.30 firmware upgrade.

Symptoms: no lights on the P2 after the startup tones, and Phantom Assistant reports battery and compass errors. Unplugging the iOSD Mini fixes the problem but, obviously, that's not a satisfactory answer. Plugging it back in after startup also seems to work, but that's not a good option either, especially if the iOSD Mini is inside the shell.

Disconnecting the IOSD Mini brought everything but the gimbal back to life. Any ideas on what might be wrong with the gimbal?

Grrr...... I'm having the same issue

Disconnecting iOSD at the CAN connector before power up, then reconnecting does work, but what a royal PITA.

At least I can fly today....... I mean, what could possibly go wrong........ judging by the quality of the software testing done before they released this version

@Mykebytes..... was your Gimbal doing this ???? http://vimeo.com/99422143

I'm absolutely amazed mine still works after that (Well, it looks like it's working based on what it does when I hold the P2 and wiggle it around)

All right, I'm up and running again. For anyone having the gimbal problem after upgrading look up the "tweezer trick" to fix. Still no IOSD Mini, though it does seem to work if connected again after booting.

@Mykebytes

I think we were typing at the same time. I assume the gimbal has some kind of "safety cut off" ? and the crazy behaviour tripped yours ? Is that what the tweezer trick resets I wonder ?

@Sarc
That is exactly what it was doing. I'm thinking it is some kind of a safety cut off, and if it is I'm less annoyed having to search for a fix and fumble trying to hold the jumper wire wire in place while powering the 'copter up. My only complaint would be that there should be some kind of reset button to do the same thing along with easier to find instructions rather than having to send the whole gimbal in for repair.

@Mykebytes

Agree. I'm just glad we have the internet, otherwise I would have had a very depressing weekend with no flying.

On a lighter note, I flew for about 15 minutes after my last post and so far everything looks good. Very stable. Gimbal is nice and level, no legs in the shots

Have exactly the same problem..,stupid software update ruined a day of flying!

Tried downgrading, but it simply won't let me.

Angry!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic