Not able to link RC (P3S)

Reaction score
I own a P3S and buyed another one with broken gimball due to a crash. The seller told me it was able to fly and as i turned it on the RC got connected to the aircraft. Before i made it fly i wanted to try to connect the remote to my bird and i was able to do it but when i try to connect back to the crashed drone something go wrong.
The linking procedure (link button on the drone, gimball roll down + 3x switch to S2) starts, the remote beeps but doesn't arrive to an end.

Any suggestion?

Try linking the remote controller using DJI GO -- like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I own a P3S and buyed another one with broken gimball due to a crash. The seller told me it was able to fly and as i turned it on the RC got connected to the aircraft. Before i made it fly i wanted to try to connect the remote to my bird and i was able to do it but when i try to connect back to the crashed drone something go wrong.
The linking procedure (link button on the drone, gimball roll down + 3x switch to S2) starts, the remote beeps but doesn't arrive to an end.

Any suggestion?

Maybe they run on different firmware?
I thought since 1.5.7 is uses different encryption to connect.
You cannot connect a RC with old firmware to a drone with 1.5.7 or 1.6.8

I add this infomations to give more elements:

P3S 1 + RC 1 (the good one)
P3S 2 + RC 2 (the crashed one)

P3S 1 runs 1.5.7 and is able to link both RC 1 (obviously) and RC 2
P3S 2 runs unknown version of firmware and don't link RC1 nor RC2

So i suppose the issue is related to drone not to RC...

I cant' try to reinstall the firmware because gimbal is cutted off the body, and the DJI Assistant app on PC doesn't recognize the drone

As far I know, with out the gimbal you can't re-link, it would still work with the RC that it was linked to, but once you go through the linking process your done, you won't be able to link a RC to it until it has a gimbal attached. I think of pairing the two with there mac addresses.
Sorry

If I'm wrong somebody prove it.
:)

Rod

I cant' try to reinstall the firmware because gimbal is cutted off the body, and the DJI Assistant app on PC doesn't recognize the drone
Yes, if the remote is not linked to the Phantom, The app is not going to work, even if the remote was linked to the Phantom the app will not work, but what I'm I missing here,
"DJI Assistant app on PC"?

Rod

And i did it!!!
As someone here said, without a working gimabl the RC won't pair with the drone, so i took the gimbal off my working P3S, mounted it on the crashed ones and yes, the pairing happened!
As i remove back the gimbal the RC stays with a red instead of green light, but i can switch on engines and throttle seems to work. I just tried without props, tomorrow i'm gonna take off!

...and maybe try to understand how to fix the broken gimbal.

Thanks guys for the precious advices!

So the DJI assistant is for the P4?,are you using it on a P3?
Still confused.

Rod

And i did it!!!
As someone here said, without a working gimabl the RC won't pair with the drone, so i took the gimbal off my working P3S, mounted it on the crashed ones and yes, the pairing happened!
As i remove back the gimbal the RC stays with a red instead of green light, but i can switch on engines and throttle seems to work. I just tried without props, tomorrow i'm gonna take off!

...and maybe try to understand how to fix the broken gimbal.

Thanks guys for the precious advices!
Cool, I was right.:D

Rod

So the DJI assistant is for the P4?,are you using it on a P3?
Still confused.

Rod

I'm not sure about that. I was thinking that DJI assistant would have worked with the P3, but I am actually not able to connect the P3S to DJI assistant...
So what is the USB on the body for? Where can we link the drone?

I'm not sure about that. I was thinking that DJI assistant would have worked with the P3, but I am actually not able to connect the P3S to DJI assistant...
So what is the USB on the body for? Where can we link the drone?
So far, as I know, to only download flight records from the Phantom itself, they are very large, I can't remember how many is on there, but I would say if you wanted to save them, maybe every 10 flights.

You have to tell the Phantom to start the procedure in the Dji-go app.
I have done it, keep thinking I would do it on a regular bases. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: alessiotst
As far I know, with out the gimbal you can't re-link, it would still work with the RC that it was linked to, but once you go through the linking process your done, you won't be able to link a RC to it until it has a gimbal attached. I think of pairing the two with there mac addresses.
Sorry

If I'm wrong somebody prove it.
:)

Rod
I was told the same thing about the gimbal needs to be working.... then a guy posts a video of a P3S flying without a gimbal. I tend to agree with you though . I am in the middle of a mod to hook up a couple external 2.4 ghz antennas to the two points on the gimbal sense the cables were broken during a crash by the fellow I purchased from. I bought the P3S very cheap , mainly to have another battery for my 4K. Thought I'd go ahead and get the P3S working without spending a chunk of money . The external antennas with u.fl to RP-SMA with 19" cables were only 9 bucks on Amazon. Worth a try. The Internal replacement wifi antennas that came with the P3S are around 20 bucks for the pair , but I have read the external antennas work much better.

I was told the same thing about the gimbal needs to be working.... then a guy posts a video of a P3S flying without a gimbal. I tend to agree with you though . I am in the middle of a mod to hook up a couple external 2.4 ghz antennas to the two points on the gimbal sense the cables were broken during a crash by the fellow I purchased from. I bought the P3S very cheap , mainly to have another battery for my 4K. Thought I'd go ahead and get the P3S working without spending a chunk of money . The external antennas with u.fl to RP-SMA with 19" cables were only 9 bucks on Amazon. Worth a try. The Internal replacement wifi antennas that came with the P3S are around 20 bucks for the pair , but I have read the external antennas work much better.
I flied without gimbal. just took a working gimbal, mounted on the drone, linked the rc, removed the gimbal and that's it!

Reactions: Jimmy1952
Cool, just don't try to re-link without gimbal?

Correct?

Rod

Thanks a ton for letting us in on the connect gimbal trick or step what ever you want to call it. Very helpful , especially if you happen to doing work on one .....Thanks

I flied without gimbal. just took a working gimbal, mounted on the drone, linked the rc, removed the gimbal and that's it!
I am thinking the gimbal needs to be fully assembled....reason I say this , both the wifi wires were broken on the P3S I purchased from a guy . I got the two SMA to u.Fl cables and attached them to the gimbal. Thought maybe just the mainboard on the gimbal needed to be attached. My next step is to fully assemble the gimbal which I robbed a part off of , but have now replaced. If this works I'll post the results , just in case someone else has the same idea as myself. Thanks folks for posting your experiences trying to get this thing working. Got My P3 4K back up and running yesterday. Sure wish those gimbal cables were not so exposed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31