Normal for DJI Phantom 2 batteries to be warm after flight?

Reaction score
I've only had maybe ten flights out of each of my two DJI P2 Intelligent batteries, when removing them after a flight I notice they are quite warm, nowhere near being hot, but definitely warm. I land when I get the first red warning lights, never go below 20%. Is this normal for them to be warm, as I'm sure I read they should be the same temperature?

Re: Normal for DJI Phantom 2 batteries to be warm after flig

Normal after flight and as Jerry said if they start to swell beyond its normal size you might want to replace. But you can check your battery life and approximate time left on the DJI downloads that you have on your computer.

Completely normal. You are sucking a lot of amps through those motors, especially if you are flying fast and/or high. It is good to let the batteries reach ambient temperatures before putting them back on the charger. If you charge them while still warm you could decrease the life of the battery.

DDMSteve said:
Completely normal. You are sucking a lot of amps through those motors, especially if you are flying fast and/or high. It is good to let the batteries reach ambient temperatures before putting them back on the charger. If you charge them while still warm you could decrease the life of the battery.

Thanks, got it :) I've never let them go under 20% and I never charge immediately after using them - I leave at least a couple of hours, usually longer. How much does the a breezy day affect battery life, I assume it does to some degree as the P2 will be working harder to keep its position? Does say a fairly constant 15mph - 20mph breeze bring down the flight times by a significant amount (as in a minute or two)?

freefall101 said:
DDMSteve said:

Thanks, got it :) I've never let them go under 20% and I never charge immediately after using them - I leave at least a couple of hours, usually longer. How much does the a breezy day affect battery life, I assume it does to some degree as the P2 will be working harder to keep its position? Does say a fairly constant 15mph - 20mph breeze bring down the flight times by a significant amount (as in a minute or two)?

Yes wind can affect it because as it blows around it is constantly sending more power to various motors to compensate... but I am not sure that translates into much more than a min or two.

I am almost 100% my flight times dropped when I had my Zenmuse H33D replaced - whining/beeping sound on video playback, completely unbalanced for my GoPro Hero 3+, etc. - I have two videos on my PC where I got over 17 minutes! No idea what the problem is, I am sure the wind wouldn't cause 4 or 5 minutes to be lost!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4