Noobie: Constant Flashing Yellow LED

Reaction score
Just bought the Phantom used. Before I purchased it, everything was working fine. I get it home and now the LED constantly flashes yellow. Now I've read:
Q: The LED blinks Yellow quickly continually.
A: The TX signal is lost.
1. Check that the transmitter is switched on and works normally.
2. Check that the receiver and the main controller are connected correctly.
3. Check that the receiver setting is correct in the assistant software.

Can someone elaborate on #2 & #3 so I can troubleshoot please?

I've searched the forum and didn't find anything helpful. The yellow light stays blinking for well over 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

make sure your transmitter is turn on BEFORE you plug in the battery for the phantom itself. if problem persists, you may have to manually link the TX and RX. see section A3 of the Advance Manual for details:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... ual_en.pdf

for the setting in the assistant software, it refers to the NAZA assistant software (you can down load from the following link)

http://www.dji-innovations.com/download ... downloads/

don't forget to download the driver too while you are at it. once the driver and software has been installed, open up the "DJI NAZA Assistant" program. then lick on basic, go to tab RC and make sure you have "PPM" selected.

Roofiem said:
Just bought the Phantom used. Before I purchased it, everything was working fine. I get it home and now the LED constantly flashes yellow. Now I've read:
Q: The LED blinks Yellow quickly continually.
A: The TX signal is lost.

Can someone elaborate on #2 & #3 so I can troubleshoot please?

I've searched the forum and didn't find anything helpful. The yellow light stays blinking for well over 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2: you have to open the shell and see if the connection cable between the RX (little board that has the antenna attached to) and the NAZA is not loose.

#3: in the Assistant in the RC tan of Basic section, the receiver type PPM is checked.

I've gone through both those steps. Everything is connected inside, and PPM is checked in the assistant.

Now, the light is flashing red which I'm hoping is just the battery, so we'll see after a full charge. Any other ideas for the flashing yellow. I know its the TX not connecting, but at a loss for being able to figure it out.

Thanks a lot.

Roofiem said:
I've gone through both those steps. Everything is connected inside, and PPM is checked in the assistant.

Now, the light is flashing red which I'm hoping is just the battery, so we'll see after a full charge. Any other ideas for the flashing yellow. I know its the TX not connecting, but at a loss for being able to figure it out.

Thanks a lot.

Check compass connection cable on the skid unit. It must be tight for non "ghost signaling"

jumanoc said:
Check compass connection cable on the skid unit. It must be tight for non "ghost signaling"

Checked and good. That was the first hing checked.

I am facing the same problem...The LED blinks Yellow 4 times quickly and I can not start motors, they aredisable during LED blinking.
If you solved the problem please advice

Madaur said:
I am facing the same problem...The LED blinks Yellow 4 times quickly and I can not start motors, they aredisable during LED blinking.

Yellow four times is IMU warm up. Give it a couple of minutes.

Dskier79 said:
Madaur said:

Yellow four times is IMU warm up. Give it a couple of minutes.

thought IMU warmup was 3 blinks?

It will link yellow until ready, up to three minutes. Make sure your switches are all up or you'll get additional flashes that confuse things.

Nope, not after firmware update

The LED may blink Yellow 4 times quickly ( ). Start motor is disable during LED blinking Yellow 4 times
quickly ( ), as the system is warming up.

Copied from manual

I had a hard crash. Replaced the shell and a circuit board connected to one of the motors.
Everything is re-assembled - now I get the constant flashing Yellow LED.

I confirmed:

I'm following these steps:
http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/inde ... d_Receiver

Unfortunately, the Indicator LED on the control board is also flashing yellow. (see photo below)
The instructions explain what to do if it is solid red or flashing red, but not yellow.

I can't seem to get them linked.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Attachments

• tx-led.jpg
    tx-led.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 2,228
superscarey said:
I had a hard crash. Replaced the shell and a circuit board connected to one of the motors.
Everything is re-assembled - now I get the constant flashing Yellow LED.

I confirmed:

I'm following these steps:
http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/inde ... d_Receiver

Unfortunately, the Indicator LED on the control board is also flashing yellow. (see photo below)
The instructions explain what to do if it is solid red or flashing red, but not yellow.

I can't seem to get them linked.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Same problem, did you find a solution?

"IMPORTANT info for new owners of Version 1.1.1 Phantoms!
Myself and at least one other V1.1.1 owner that I know of ran into the same problem when upgrading our new Phantoms to firmware version 4.0.
You must select D-BUS as receiver type or you'll get the yellow flashing LED indicating loss of Tx signal
depends on which Tx/Rx you have. Up until very recently at least the stock setting is PPM unless you have a 3rd party Tx/Rx then you might select D-Bus. But with the stock radio gear PPM is the default option"

I am having this same issue. I just got my Phantom last week and I have tried everything to get rid of this constant flashing yellow light when I am trying to launch this thing. Flipping the switch from GPS to ATTi doesn't get me any satelites. I can't even get to that stage. Also, when I'm running the Naza software (v4.0.0) under Basic->RC-> Control Mode switch, I only have Atti. or failsafe available. No GPS mode shows up. What gives? The forum won't let me attach a screenshot of this, says the quota has been reached...

I crashed my phantom real hard upside down since then I get constant yellow flashing no gps
When I check mu stats it says atti atti manual it should be gps atti manual I can't change it
Does this mean I damaged my gps module I'm stuck on this one

I thought I would mention that even though I get the constant flashing yellow light, I can still fly my Phantom in Atti. mode and it seems to work fine. Flew it last night for a minute for the first time, seemed to work fine. I have no GPS mode in the Naza software and the yellow light never goes away. Waiting on a reply from DJI on this one.

Probably, your GPS module is broken.
I suggest:
1) Check if the wire from GPS to Compass unit is tight connected.
2) Open shell and gently undercover the GPS unit and check if it is OK in soledring joins and GPS cracks.

Broken-GPS.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20