Noob wanting to ask a few questions

Reaction score
Hey all, just got a Phantom 3 Adv a week ago and wanted to ask a few Qs.

What is the max height this thing could reach straight up? being standard out of the box. (estamate will be fine)

also max distance lets say going at 70M up.

lastly, What callebrations should i be doing before each flight? GPS? anything else?

Thanks alot team

There are hundreds, even thousands of experienced operators here who could give you more advice than you could absorb but I am not one of them. On behalf of them may I suggest you firstly read your manual and secondly have a quick scan through the forum. All the answers are there and once you have done some flying and have a question that isn't answered already most of those experienced operators will only be too pleased to help you. Answering the same questions over and over isn't what they do, in fact I am amazed that one or more of them hasn't come on here an let fly with a few sarcastic comments, they mustn't want to hurt the feelings of a new member.

Reactions: UAVinbound
What is the max height this thing could reach straight up?
500 meters above the takeoff point. The firmware will not allow you to fly higher than that.

also max distance
That depends on the environment and if there are any obstacles blocking the signal. The P3A specs show the max distance is 3.1 miles (FCC) or 2.1 miles (CE), but people have flown beyond that.

What callebrations should i be doing before each flight? GPS? anything else?
You should not be calibrating anything most of the time. There is no way to calibrate the GPS.

What calibrations should i be doing before each flight? GPS? anything else?
There is no way to calibrate the GPS, perhaps you mean the compass.
There is no need to recalibrate anything before each flight.
Unnecessary recalibration of the compass introduces the risk of a bad calibration.
Once you have a good compass calibration, just stick with it.

Reactions: HWCM and UAVinbound
UAVinbound, check out this guide for more details on the compass calibration.

I hope you're not flying yet. You obviously haven't read or watched videos about your new toy. That's ok, you won't have it long enough to worry about calibrating the gps by spinning the props backward 17 times.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: HWCM
I hope you're not flying yet. You obviously haven't read or watched videos about your new toy. That's ok, you won't have it long enough to worry about calibrating the gps by spinning the props backward 17 times.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I meant compass. not GPS i didnt realise i wrote that, I actually have been flying believe it not not as I have flown before not just on this scale, obviously flying safe in my line of sight, anyways thanks for the other replys people even live streamed my last flight haha. BTW be sarcastic all you guys want I can take a joke and wont go crying to someone who cares, have a good one!

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 295
Hey all, just got a Phantom 3 Adv a week ago and wanted to ask a few Qs.

What is the max height this thing could reach straight up? being standard out of the box. (estamate will be fine)

also max distance lets say going at 70M up.

lastly, What callebrations should i be doing before each flight? GPS? anything else?

Thanks alot team
Step one, READ THE OWNERS MANUAL. Every question you just asked can be answered in the manual. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1