Noob To Part 107 sUAS Pilot -- Can it been done? -- The Gold Seal Way

Reaction score
I would like to use this thread to report on my "Noob to Part 107 sUAS Pilot" journey. I'm starting the Gold Seal Remote Pilot Ground School today in the hopes I can learn what I need to know in order to achieve my Part 107 certification. I currently know NOTHING, and quite frankly I'm a little concerned :oops:

Wish me luck guys! :eek:

I'm doing a 3 part video series on the journey, below is part 1.

cc: AultelXPilots

Update #1:

Well guys,..I completed my first week of study (Sunday through Sunday) and WOW, my head is spinning like a top! :eek: In my first week I've completed my first 'pass' of all the video's and quizzes. With the exception of one day, and because I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I studied at least an hour a day.

There is a LOT of information presented and WILL require multiple, slow, methodical passes though it to learn the principles and knowledge being taught. I'm not talking just memorizing the information, but really getting a good understanding of it.

In my first pass through, I concentrated on watching the video's, working through the flash cards and taking the quizzes. In my second pass (this week), I'm going to concentrate on reviewing the supplemental information for each lesson, and practicing reading Sectionals, METAR's (not a dinosaur after all, who knew :p ), TAF's and Weather Maps. Gold Seal has added a lot of supplemental information to each module/lesson. The supplements seemed to be comprised of both excerpts from the FAA and original documents produced by Gold Seal.

I've had several question during my first pass, and each time Gold Seal replied extremely fast.

My test date has been set for the 21st of Nov. So I should have the time needed to get my head around all the concepts and information that is required of me from the FAA. I won't know until test day if the information presented by Gold Seal is indeed what will be on the test. :D

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the very researched review of Gold Seal, Robert. For anyone wishing to see comments from additional users, please check out our Facebook group at:
需要安全验证

BTW, Gold Seal has added a new "Hint" feature in the quizzes. Don't use it if you don't have to. But if you need it, it's there. It is not available in the Practice Final and real Final Exam.

14632907_10211037566244345_139553794507678298_n.jpg

My test date has been set for the 21st of Nov. So I should have the time needed to get my head around all the concepts and information that is required of me from the FAA. I won't know until test day if the information presented by Gold Seal is indeed what will be on the test. :D
It's the 21st of November. Did you take the exam?

Coincidentally, my exam was scheduled today, as well. I passed with a 90%!

Update #3:

Well guys, it's done, and Russ was correct. Gold Seal can indeed get a complete noob, knowing nothing, ready and able to pass the Part 107 exam. I passed with a score of 97% YEAH!!!!. I missed 2 questions, one of which was just a stupid error I think, and the other I had not seen the question before.

The entire test almost didn't happen yesterday, it was touch and go there for a while. I'll get into that when I upload the video this week end.

Congratulations SoCalDude!

Update #3:

Well guys, it's done, and Russ was correct. Gold Seal can indeed get a complete noob, knowing nothing, ready and able to pass the Part 107 exam. I passed with a score of 97% YEAH!!!!. I missed 2 questions, one of which was just a stupid error I think, and the other I had not seen the question before.

The entire test almost didn't happen yesterday, it was touch and go there for a while. I'll get into that when I upload the video this week end.

Congratulations SoCalDude!
Congrats to you, too, @RJ_Make!

Don't forget to choose your score in this new poll.

Reactions: RJ_Make

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj