Noob question, Lightbridge?

Reaction score
I just ordered a P3P then I read about Lightbridge. What does it do that my upcoming P3P can't do? Do I need one?
Yes i'm a total noob that fell in love so quick with P3P.

I just ordered a P3P then I read about Lightbridge. What does it do that my upcoming P3P can't do? Do I need one?
Yes i'm a total noob that fell in love so quick with P3P.
Lightbridge is part of the P3 Pro and Advanced models
It is the control & video all in one and a huge advance beyond previous systems

Reactions: SkyKisser
P3P uses lightbridge. The P3S just uses wifi to transmit video back to the transmitter but the P3A and P3P use lightbridge. It is supposed to give you farther range before losing signal...

P3P uses lightbridge. The P3S just uses wifi to transmit video back to the transmitter but the P3A and P3P use lightbridge. It is supposed to give you farther range before losing signal...
It's not just supposed to - it works like magic to give:
Range way beyond what was possible before - easily 5 times the range
Smooth 720p live video
Precise control regardless of the angle of the Phantom - even at distance.​

Thanks guys so mine is pro version im good to go, no need to buy the lightbridge thing, right? Thanks again

Question, my son has a p3s and I am getting a p3a. If he has to use wifi with his bird and I don't, what happens when we fly together? I get I have to turn off my wifi on my iPhone and iPad but what effect does his bing on have on me?

Question, my son has a p3s and I am getting a p3a. If he has to use wifi with his bird and I don't, what happens when we fly together? I get I have to turn off my wifi on my iPhone and iPad but what effect does his bing on have on me?

You may or may not experience some interference depending on the environment you're in. I experienced some video link losses while hovering the P3P and filming a 2.4Ghz fixed wing model airplane.

Last edited:
Probably the worst you'll have to deal with is that you might have to keep controllers 5 metres apart.

Reactions: Mario_SB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20