Noob question about Litchi

Reaction score
(I apologise if this is a question I should have been able to answer myself.)

When you are doing a waypoint mission with Litchi, does the Phantom have to be in radio contact with the controller for it to be able to navigate properly, or can it just work from GPS communication between the Phantom and the GPS satellites? Thanks.

it will finish a mission even when out of RC range. what it may not do is custom functions like pointing to POIs.

When/if the bird loses radio contact with the controller, it will continue to fly and complete the mission/waypoints. Make sure you have your first and last waypoint near your home point. Also make sure in the Litchi mission settings, you have the last action set to RTH. There was a bug a while back that if you did not have this set it caused some issues. I am sure it is fixed, but good to make sure this setting is set properly.
Enjoy Litchi! I use it all the time for waypoints/missions and love it. I still get anxious when I lose contact and I wait 5 or more minutes for it to finish the mission and come back to me. One thing to make sure of is altitudes and tall objects (cell towers, etc) that could hurt your bird. I use a website to check ground level altitudes when I am creating my mission and Adjust the waypoints accordingly.
Have fun! I love using Litchi!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

When/if the bird loses radio contact with the controller, it will continue to fly and complete the mission/waypoints. Make sure you have your first and last waypoint near your home point. Also make sure in the Litchi mission settings, you have the last action set to RTH. There was a bug a while back that if you did not have this set it caused some issues. I am sure it is fixed, but good to make sure this setting is set properly.
Enjoy Litchi! I use it all the time for waypoints/missions and love it. I still get anxious when I lose contact and I wait 5 or more minutes for it to finish the mission and come back to me. One thing to make sure of is altitudes and tall objects (cell towers, etc) that could hurt your bird. I use a website to check ground level altitudes when I am creating my mission and Adjust the waypoints accordingly.
Have fun! I love using Litchi!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
What website do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Litchi shows the ground elevation of each waypoint relative to the first waypoint. That is what I find on the android version anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj