Noob needing to know.... Pause button?

Reaction score
How is hitting pause on the Phantom 4 going to have a different effect than releasing the sticks, I know nothing, just needing to make an educated decision before purchase. Torn between P3P and P4

The pause button is used to pause your Phantom when it's automatically flying via the new autonomous flight modes.

You could still have Wind drift if you release the sticks without pausing or using any position tracking. My guess is the Phantom 4 will maintain position and altitude via GPS while paused. In other words, it will stay right where you pause it vs potentially drifting away.

But when you release the sticks in GPS mode doesn't it hover in place without having to pause? Sorry, please forgive me if I'm not understanding. Not having any experience I'm clueless.
$1400 is quite a leap from the $800 on the P3a I was prepared to spend. I just want to do it right the first time

A P3 will hover in place and will not drift with the wind when you let go of the sticks, as long as you're in GPS mode. I believe the P4 operates the same say.

Reactions: bradbrok
But when you release the sticks in GPS mode doesn't it hover in place without having to pause? Sorry, please forgive me if I'm not understanding. Not having any experience I'm clueless.
The pause button is for automated flight ... like a waypoint mission or Point of Interest shooting.
On a P3, once you start the mission you can only let it continue or stop completely.
With the P4 you will also be able to pause and resume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik