Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Noob needing FPV Help!

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by MarzBGx, Jun 26, 2014.

1. MarzBGx

Hi there, I am a 17 year old college student, and I picked up my Phantom FC40 The other day, and I am really loving the quad. I have modified my controller, with a Cloverleaf antenna so I should be able to get around 6KM range out of this, and I did this to prep for my FPV system. The Phantom FC40 uses 5.8Ghz from the control to the Quad, so I need an FPV system on another frequency, (Or doesn't it really matter?) that I will be able to get about 3KM or more range out of. Does anyone know of any kits that will get this job done, I ask for a kit because I am a noob :oops: and it needs to be easy to set up:) I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition I mount to the quad, so that can be used for the camera if you know any kit that does that, also, a kit with some goggles would be really neet.

I live in the UK and my price range is anything from nothing to £500. I'm not looking for amazing quality whilst FPV, just so I can fairly clearly see whats going on.

Any help would be awesome, and I would really really appreciate it. Thanks for taking your time to look at my post, and go easy on me, like I said, I'm new to all this stuff:) Thanks and happy flying! :D

2. cmt56ss

Hey man, I'm new here as well, the post count says it all!

I got a kit from Helipal.com (I hope it's okay to post a retailer on this forum, I've been on other forums that don't like when one retailers products are "pushed").

Go the FPV kits on the left side of the page. I bought the kit from there -- it ships from Hong Kong, and made it east coast USA in 2 days. The shipping it a bit much, but for the speed it was worth it.

3. MarzBGx

Thank you buddy! I will take a look :)

4. hamishue

The ones at Helipal all appear to be 5.8Ghz. You want to avoid that with your fc40.

-H

5. Dogstr

Hi,
    How much $ is, "a bit much"? I was thinking about buying a Boscam receiver and tx from Helipal. Do you know anything about their customer service/returns?
    Thanks

6. Dogstr

Hi,
    How much $ is, "a bit much"? I was thinking about buying a Boscam receiver and tx from Helipal. Do you know anything about their customer service/returns?
    Thanks[/quote]
    I finally signed up with helipal and answered my own question. $45