NOOB iPad Question

Reaction score
I can just use my iPad 3 mini (wifi only, no cellular) correct, instead of my phone? I understand that I need to get a different tablet holder to be able to do this. Thanks in advance.

~Jeff

Yes you can although you will need to cache the maps before you head out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

He mean since your tablet do not have cel data plan, you might want to download and cache the map area where you be flying before you leave your house or wifi connection. Is in the Dji go app setting

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes you can use an iPad with it, but mounting one to your controller is kinda difficult. Amazon sells mounts for the P3S, but they are usually rated 3-3.5 stars.

to cache the maps before you head out just open the DJI GO app and scroll all around the area you will be flying, zoom in and scroll all around. Oh and you need to have the setting checked for it to cache maps in the background.

I can just use my iPad 3 mini (wifi only, no cellular) correct, instead of my phone? I understand that I need to get a different tablet holder to be able to do this. Thanks in advance.

~Jeff
Jeff,

I do this same with the iPad for my flying also. I cache the maps at home before I leave or connect with a hotspot on my phone to cache before I connect to my P3S. I am a noob too. It is easy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers