Noob intro

Reaction score
Hello all, just got my Phantom 1 today - my first rc vehicle. Haven't flown it yet because I wanted to make sure it was set up correctly. I installed the drivers, then the nazam assistant software. That gave me a few headaches. I had read that the RC type should be set to D-bus but when I did that things went haywire. Should it be set to PPM? (I don't know what either of those things do.) Then when I imported the "PHANTOM_Default_Configuration_FW4.00.nazam" file it had PPM chosen.

The Phantom is version 1.2.1. Wondering if that's the latest? It came with self tightening, nutless rotors, 2 full sets (the nuts were on the motors so I guess I'll need them if I get carbon/aftermarket rotors). The front left and back right rotors are left hand thread. Also, both sticks are self centering. So does anyone know if this is the latest version?

The weather here is going to suck for the next few days so I'm going to have serious cabin fever... can't wait to get this puppy off the ground.

Any help with setup would be appreciated.

Denny

On my 1.2 it's PPM and probably should be on yours as well...but the easy way to tell for sure is to count the antenna leads coming out of the hole in the shell. 1 = PPM, 2 = Dbus.

The 1.2 is the next to last model of the Phantom 1, the last was actually designated 1.1.1

OI Photography said:
On my 1.2 it's PPM and probably should be on yours as well...but the easy way to tell for sure is to count the antenna leads coming out of the hole in the shell. 1 = PPM, 2 = Dbus.

The 1.2 is the next to last model of the Phantom 1, the last was actually designated 1.1.1

Great, thanks. I'll leave it on PPM.

Does your 1.2 have nutless props, 2 w/left threads, and self centering sticks?

wndrr said:
OI Photography said:

Great, thanks. I'll leave it on PPM.

Does your 1.2 have nutless props, 2 w/left threads, and self centering sticks?

Yes yes and yes :)

Did not have the gimbal lever on the back of the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20