NOOB FPV

Reaction score
Hey Guys was looking to upgrade to FPV on my Phantom 2 sometime this week and was looking for some advice from the experts. To start off with my gro pro 3 usb port is busted due to a crash. Is there any way to FPV without this port? If not I will go buy the new go pro 4, whats most important is the FPV in general.

I am looking for good quality equipment with state of the art range. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello and welcome! From you stating that your GoPro's USB port is busted, i would assume that you have a version 2 Zenmuse gimbal? Do you have a gimbal?

If that is the case, you would need a new GoPro. That is how it outputs plus will receive a charge from the P2 to keep it alive. Once you get that all squared away, the next is all your FPV equipment. I did a bunch of research and with asking around, i came down to my list of equipment.

Black Pearl 5.8 ghz 7ch monitor
ImmersionRC 5.8 RX
Plug and play for gopro
Aluminim monitor mount for DJI controller
DJI mini iosd.
Blue Beam ultra antennas

This all gave me what i needed to suit my FPV needs. I can see what the GoPro sees on the screen plus all the heading/flight info of my P2.

Hope that helps!!

Hi billnast,
you certainly do not need a new GoPro even if your USB is broken. There are several ideas to get the fpv signal from the GoPro other than thru the USB. You might consider using the rear connector (GoPro bus) or applying some mods to your gimbal. Search this forum for 'rear connector'. Also, the GoPro 4 might not be the best choice, given the fact that it's rear bus ist not compatible to Zenmuse. If ever you have to go back to that connector, you're lost...
HTH

Here is the primary thread about swapping out to the "hero port" or rear 30-pin connector.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22798

skip to page 7 or 8. originally we started off with a part that had an A/V cable, but now there is a hero/30pin port with a proper Zenmuse cable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues