noob FPV question- is it easy to swap back and forth?

Reaction score
Once you set up for FPV is it easy to swap back to normal? I can see several situations were I would want to fly in one mode or the other. Is it easy to swap back and forth?

I am a noob on this and want to plan to do this right the first time.

Tell us a little more about your set up. Or are you asking prior to buying an FPV set up?

I am asking prior to buying any FPV items. My present rig is a P3P with an IPAD 4 mini. I would love to go FPV on occation too.

Ok I'll drop this on you gently :) if you have a P3P and an iPad you already have the ability to see First Person View (FPV)

Last edited:
Maybe I am not sure what you guys are calling FPV or otherwise. I was thinking it is wearing the goggles and bflying with it up in my face. Can you perhaps elaborate on your responce?

Ah so your looking for FPV goggles instead of looking at a screen correct?

Maybe I am not sure what you guys are calling FPV or otherwise. I was thinking it is wearing the goggles and bflying with it up in my face. Can you perhaps elaborate on your responce?

FPV = First Person View IE flying it via video image as if you are in the craft.

That is the FPV that most are referring to.

I think you want or are looking to do full immersion via googles/ headset!

start with googling: FPV headset, fpv goggles, fpv monitors etc. for some background info

good luck and have fun flying!

I've no experience of using goggles but as they have built in receiver you should be able to receive on these and the iPad at the same time. However the P3P uses 2.4ghz for control and for FPV so the antennas are larger than for the normal 5.8ghz. Also as the p3p uses the same 2.4ghz for both control and FPV they use a mimo receiver to separate the signal. I don't know if that would affect the use of goggles. Hopefully someone with experience of this type of set up will be along soon to advise

You would be to use both goggles and the iPad if you purchase the dji controller add on that allows for hdmi hook up and a headset that uses hdmi. I'm just waiting for my controller add on to get here. I already purchased the goggles.

The professional has a hdmi output of another display. You should
Just need the fat shark, head or other goggles of the brand you prefer
The view I believe will be shown on the pad and the goggles both

The professional has a hdmi output of another display. You should
Just need the fat shark, head or other goggles of the brand you prefer
The view I believe will be shown on the pad and the goggles both
P3P and P3A need HDMI module to be added to RC to get HDMI output. There is none on stock RC.

I've no experience of using goggles but as they have built in receiver you should be able to receive on these and the iPad at the same time. However the P3P uses 2.4ghz for control and for FPV so the antennas are larger than for the normal 5.8ghz. Also as the p3p uses the same 2.4ghz for both control and FPV they use a mimo receiver to separate the signal. I don't know if that would affect the use of goggles. Hopefully someone with experience of this type of set up will be along soon to advise
The same stream that's displayed on tablet is routed through HDMI converter with possibility of adding OSD is available on HDMI port.

P3 provides an USB output that when used on tablet/phone with app like DJI go gives you FPV.

If you want immersive view, you need to wear goggles and connect the suitable video stream coming out of RC to it.

I use iPad mini as first FPV and use goggles also to get immersive view too, both together

It's been a little while since this thread ended and I'm in the same boat. Is it possible to wear the fat sharks and get an display on the tablet at the same time? I'm going to visit my in-laws and their kids would love to be able to see the onscreen using the fatshark, but I'd like to be able to maintain control of the quad and would need the tablet to see what's going on. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic