Noob - Camera angle issue Help

Reaction score
Hi,

Made two flights to learn the orientation didn't concentrated on video.
What I found is the horizon is not 100% aligned as if the camera is tilting slight right.
Check at 30 to 38 sec
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5nYJgXgw0[/youtube]

More over while shooting video which mode I should have to choose in camera sharpness/profile

Std, Hard, Soft ?
As std is too sharp to be good to see and soft is way too softer or looks more like out focus.

Usually the standard sharpness setting is best but if you have advanced video software you can apply it manually *as required* and shoot it soft.

Not sure about your horizon, it looks slanted for a while but the building verticals we can see don't look too bad, try again before panicking, the fish-eye effect does make it hard to say. Make sure FPV is not checked in the app.
You can occasionally have a minor glitch which corrects itself later.
Make sure nothing touches the gimbal as you start - even a blade of grass is enough to upset it as it calibrates to start,

Hi All,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
My evening flight session went good without any problem except some way video reception broken at small open field dont know why.

I have attached a photo I took two hour's ago at field and drawn a red line for the horizon which is 90Deg CW Rotated.
Even video showed same slight tilt right.

Any clues ?

Attachments

• DJI00032.jpg
    DJI00032.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 477
I've always noticed mine has a slight right-sloped tilt on it, as well.
Always bothered me, but not enough to open the gimbal and see if the armature needs adjusting (which you could try if you're feeling adventurous).

Though I wonder if an imperfect lens would cause this? Like if the center point wasn't actually fully centered. My optics knowledge is lacking :)

Here is my IMU Result
Do I need to do calibration with gps signals or its okay?
Sorry for asking very basic question but I really wish to correct this 90deg CW tilt.

Attachments

• IMU.jpg
    IMU.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 502
Thanks Dirty Bird.
I was watching some online tute's videos about IMU calibration and numbers here looks so different for X Y Z for Compass(RAW).
Can Someone guide ?

Got one more question. When you capture a photo how long does it take the screen goes black and come back ?
Mine is taking lot of time usually 3-5 second and some times 10 seconds to show me video on my phone DJI app.

So when the camera is sitting on the ground nice and level say on a table, is the video fully horizontal or is it still skewed? I ask because sometimes you can get a bit of a twist in the shaft that holds the camera in place. Normally only after a bad landing but I suppose it could come from the factory that way.

Check this video and see if it matches your problem?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxM8OOWRQc[/youtube]

atomicmak said:
Got one more question. When you capture a photo how long does it take the screen goes black and come back ?
Mine is taking lot of time usually 3-5 second and some times 10 seconds to show me video on my phone DJI app.

The DJI app gives you the option to record your photos as jpg or Raw + jpg.
If you select jpg the screen comes back fairly quickly but if you shoot Raw + jpg you have to wait about 5 secs between pictures.

Tried all as said except opening up gimbal as I feel not good being new.
Even if it sits on ground it is leaning right in camera..

Hi,
Here is another shot I took from first flight from vendors place.
If you see the right prop and motor base is visible. Clearly showing the right tilt.

Attachments

• DJI00011.jpg
    DJI00011.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 312
Any help please ?
It seems to be misaligned gimbal I suppose. And even I dont know what warranty is there as here in INDIA nobody gives warranty on this items.

Kindly guide.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik