Non-Interference

Reaction score
First time Phantom owner, I'm still waiting for my Phantom 4 that was shipped yesterday, should have it in a couple of weeks. I've been reading and learning and am very excited. I've been practicing on a cheap Striker Spy Drone I got for Christmas and been having fun with the little drone.

I've been reading range issue concerns with the Phantom 4 but I live in an isolated location where the closest cell service is nearly 200km away, it's just pristine wilderness where I live.

My question is, should I expect better range with non-interference?

Thanks guys, I'm learning tons from this forum.

With no electrical interference, you'll get great range. Just be aware that trees, rocks, hills, mountains will affect your range.

Thanks. I do have plenty of hills in my location but understand they will limit range. It scares the crap out of me to fly over water but I live right on the ocean and that seems to be where the best range is achieved. I want to do lots of landscape filming/photography and will have to get used to the flying over water and trusting the drone.

I was the same with regards to flying over large bodies of water when I first began. As your confidence builds in your flying skills and the reliability of the Phantom, you'll soon be flying long distances over water with no worries.

Excellent. The little striker drone often cut out and fell from the sky so that's a worry with the Phantom I'll have to eliminate. From all the videos I've watched flight over water is not a concern with the Phantom.

Excellent. The little striker drone often cut out and fell from the sky so that's a worry with the Phantom I'll have to eliminate. From all the videos I've watched flight over water is not a concern with the Phantom.
P4 is way more sophisticated than the Striker. You'll be able to monitor your battery levels by voltage. The P4 battery gauge is very conservative, so you'll be safe to monitor that and gauge when to return home. As mentioned, after a month of flying and building your confidence in the craft, you won't think twice about flying over water. I do it all the time, living here in So. Calif.

Thanks guys, very reassuring. Now I have the long wait for delivery.

Just don't CSC lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
They fixed that. You have to press Rth and left stick down and in.

I don't have my Phantom 4 yet but do remember reading that in the manual I downloaded.
It was changed in the last FW update. See the release notes. P4.

Thanks. I noticed it also states that it has detection for propeller guards but these guards are not available for purchase yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.