Noise in the picture

Reaction score
This is my first flight since I updated to the new firmware. As you can see in the video, there is a lot of noise in the picture when the camera is facing the sun. I didn't have this problem in the past. My Camera setting was auto 4K60(4096 × 2160). It was around 4:45 pm. Is this noise normal? Can anyone help me out with this?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure where the noise is your talking about. But shooting straight into the sun especially if your in manual is gonna stop the camera way down so that your ground is pretty dark where a little noise will creep in. You can't get great footage usually by pointing camera straight into the sun. Unless the sun is almost on the deck or there is neat cloud cover. Your camera looks totally normal to me in this case. Just curious, are you using any ND filters? They can help decrease your flare a little bit. And what ISO were you shooting at?

Not sure where the noise is your talking about. But shooting straight into the sun especially if your in manual is gonna stop the camera way down so that your ground is pretty dark where a little noise will creep in. You can't get great footage usually by pointing camera straight into the sun. Unless the sun is almost on the deck or there is neat cloud cover. Your camera looks totally normal to me in this case. Just curious, are you using any ND filters? They can help decrease your flare a little bit. And what ISO were you shooting at?

well in this video the sun is actually on the left side of the camera. You can see the lines from the noise on the left side of the screen, which decreased when i condensed the film. Can you see the flickering on the left side? No, I didn't use any ND filters. ISO setting was on auto.

well in this video the sun is actually on the left side of the camera. You can see the lines from the noise on the left side of the screen, which decreased when i condensed the film. Can you see the flickering on the left side? No, I didn't use any ND filters. ISO setting was on auto.
Oh ok, the flickering on the left side you are talking about is shadow's or highlight flares off of the props from hitting the sun because you are flying at just the perfect angle and it may have been wind tipping nose of your bird down a little more than normal. I would def recommend ND filters for your video man. So you can keep your aperture between f4- f5.6 1/2 or so. And keep your shutter speed at 120th if your gonna stay at 4k @ 60fps. An ND 8 would have been perfect for the time that you were flying imo.

Ok, I looked really close again and I do see the slight flicker you are talking about in the tree line on far left. This issue has been documented on here quite a bit actually. You'll have to search for it. Were you shooting in h264 or h265? I think it was like an issue with an I frame being weird every second or so. But I have not really had this at all with mine.

Ok, I looked really close again and I do see the slight flicker you are talking about in the tree line on far left. This issue has been documented on here quite a bit actually. You'll have to search for it. Were you shooting in h264 or h265? I think it was like an issue with an I frame being weird every second or so. But I have not really had this at all with mine.
H264

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers