NOAA drone screwup

FRS

Reaction score
So why does NOAA get to use a drone for commercial use but we cannot? They can't even properly mail one out so what makes you think they can fly the **** thing. Keep "spying on nature" why don't you NOAA.. All I want to do is "spy on that great real estate deal!" I understand the military using them but come on.. Yes its a great way for them to collect data but regulate the **** things already. We shouldn't be intimidated by the FAA when all these big businesses are the ones getting free rides.

https://screen.yahoo.com/trending-now-v ... 37789.html

FRS said:
So why does NOAA get to use a drone for commercial use but we cannot? They can't even properly mail one out so what makes you think they can fly the **** thing. Keep "spying on nature" why don't you NOAA.. All I want to do is "spy on that great real estate deal!" I understand the military using them but come on.. Yes its a great way for them to collect data but regulate the **** things already. We shouldn't be intimidated by the FAA when all these big businesses are the ones getting free rides.

https://screen.yahoo.com/trending-now-v ... 37789.html

Here are two clues for you - free of charge

1. NOAA using a drone is not commercial use
2. NOAA is not "big business"

Extra credit points for a supremely goofy post.

Lol whatever bro. They might not be selling these videos but they sure as hell aren't doing it for fun or recreational use. Have a good day.

FRS said:
Lol whatever bro. They might not be selling these videos but they sure as hell aren't doing it for fun or recreational use. Have a good day.

Extra bonus clue because it's free clue Tuesday:

NOAA is not a commercial enterprise. It's a government agency, hence these activities are not commercial (a dictionary is your friend here).

p.s. Not your "bro." Bummer dude.

wow and this whole time I thought it was a commercial on tv.. thanks so much for those 3 free clues on free clue Tuesday. Anyways it was just a video. If you don't like it just move on?

FRS said:
wow and this whole time I thought it was a commercial on tv.. thanks so much for those 3 free clues on free clue Tuesday. Anyways it was just a video. If you don't like it just move on?

I loved the video almost as much as I loved your ridiculous posts.

Why move on when I'm am laughing so much?

You seem so brilliant on everything so I would like your opinion on this. What is the difference between what NOAA does and what Texas EquuSearch did? Generally speaking anyways.. I wouldn't want to get confused by your brilliance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoglia/ ... als-court/

Yes I understand NOAA is for scientific purposes and is government funded but it seems unfair to allow some to use them and others to get fined. Try and type super clear and really smalls word cause I might not understand your intellectual speaking.

The short answer is because the equipment in use by govt agencies like NOAA is built, inspected, maintained, and operated far more reliably than Joe Citizen and their Phantom.

It's one thing to be upset about the FAA's intent to regulate drone use, but thinking about use by the government as hypocritical is a waste of time...there's many classes of technology etc that are in use by them but restricted to the general public.

Also, it's probable that the most restrictive measures the FAA ends up handing down will be directed at commercial use anyway, so they're not getting any special kind of pass...quite the contrary, most likely.

Yes you are definitely right.. it is just frustrating. I do appreciate your positive feedback though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers