No wifi showing up

Reaction score
So i have the phantom 3 standard and for some reason no wifi is popping up on mutliple phones. I tried doing the reset where you turn the gimbal to the far right and flick the switch s2 three times and you supposed to hear a long beep. I only hear beeping every second. Still no wifi pulling up. There is no loose or disconnected wires by the camera everying in place. Please some one help me!

So i have the phantom 3 standard and for some reason no wifi is popping up on mutliple phones. I tried doing the reset where you turn the gimbal to the far right and flick the switch s2 three times and you supposed to hear a long beep. I only hear beeping every second. Still no wifi pulling up. There is no loose or disconnected wires by the camera everying in place. Please some one help me!

Not sure if this is a recent problem for you or whether this is a new or old PS3.
Turn on controller
Turn on Drone
Open up (approved) mobile device and check to see if the Phantom pops up in your WiFi list of options and select it.
Light on Controller should go green when the units are linked and WiFi is established. You should be able to open the DJI GO app and check out the screen for the status of the set up.
If not, make sure the green link light beneath the Phantom is 'green' and not red. If it is red, you need to relink the controller/drone.

Welcome to the Forum!

As stated is this a new problem, new Phantom, and or new person new to Phantoms? :)

Just the remote turned on your mobile device should see a WiFi signal, even without the Phantom powered off.
Is this part working?

Rod

Added: Just confirmed my thought, my laptop can see it also, Phantom doesn't even have a battery in it.

Last edited:
I had issues when I first got my P3S, where my phone would not find the Phantom WiFi.
After experimenting one afternoon, I found that if I turn my controller on and wait for 25 seconds, then open the phone's wifi setting page, within a few seconds of wifi scanning, the Phantom WiFi appears. Works every time now like that.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Ive waited about 10 minutes and still no signal coming through my phones. The phatom and remote both turned on. The phantom has the green status light on it and i can fly np. The remote has three soild lights and the last one is blinking. Still no wifi signal. Its a new phatom 3 standard got it in December of 2015

Ive waited about 10 minutes and still no signal coming through my phones. The phatom and remote both turned on. The phantom has the green status light on it and i can fly np. The remote has three soild lights and the last one is blinking. Still no wifi signal. Its a new phatom 3 standard got it in December of 2015

So you can fly the drone with no wifi signal? Can you open the DJI GO app and see the status on the mobile device screen? Doesn't sound right. I might be dumb but you need the wifi connection to fly the drone, are you sure its not in your mobile wifi list of available sources? Maybe your mobile device automatically selects the phantom controller and you are good to go, you should still be able to see the options in your list of devices.

Ive tried to fly it with the app on and its just shows me a blink screen with the goodle maps icon in the bottom right. I looked at connected and potential wifi i can connect to and still no phantom. I dropped the controller the other day when charging it. Idk if i broke something inside. I was thinking of contacting dji and asking them.

He won't be able to use Dji go with out a WiFi connection, The only time you need your mobile device/Dji go is to register the Phantom, after that you can fly with out a mobile / WiFi.

Rod

Ive tried to fly it with the app on and its just shows me a blink screen with the goodle maps icon in the bottom right. I looked at connected and potential wifi i can connect to and still no phantom. I dropped the controller the other day when charging it. Idk if i broke something inside. I was thinking of contacting dji and asking them.

"I looked at connected and potential wifi i can connect to and still no phantom"
What does this mean?

He won't be able to use Dji go with out a WiFi connection, The only time you need your mobile device Dji go is to register the Phantom, after that you can fly with out a mobile / WiFi.

Rod

Sorry Rod, I was getting caught up with the wifi thing. It appears that the controller has been dropped so I guess that would be enough to create the OP's issues........

Sorry Rod, I was getting caught up with the wifi thing. It appears that the controller has been dropped so I guess that would be enough to create the OP's issues........
No sorry s, it is what OP posted. ;)

Rod

I looked at what wifi networks that were on my phones and still no phantom 3 popping up. I think the drop may have messed something up. I flew it at least 10 times were the wifi would pop up as soon as i turned on the remote.

Yep, at this point it appears that it is the controller. The good part it, it wasn't the Phantom that took the fall.

Rod

If i call dji, do you think it could possibly fix by them. Idk how this works or am i gotta to have to buy another remote?

If i call dji, do you think it could possibly fix by them. Idk how this works or am i gotta to have to buy another remote?
I'm sure its fixable, but I have know idea how much, I would look for somebody near you to try there remote, or look in the classifieds, there is more people that have lost there phantom than there remote.;)

Classifieds

Rod

I appreciate your guys help. Sucks tho. I hope it wont be an expensive fix

Apart from taking RodPad's advice, I would be pulling the controller apart and look for the obvious broken part that is rattling around in there and look to see where it came from. You probably won't qualify for any remaining warranty on the unit so you have nothing to lose and maybe an opportunity to fix the controller. Great opportunity to sit down with a six pack and get the tools out.

Reactions: kirk2579 and RodPad
I hope its something obvious. Ill try taking it apart and see if i see something. Keeping my fingers crossed

Reactions: RodPad
I read somewhere on the forum that you need to turn off your data for your phone as this can interfere with the wifi? Do you have the data turned on or off? Or put the phone in aeroplane mode? Just a thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic