No where to fly

Reaction score
I bought a phantom 3 two months ago to find out can't fly anywhere
I live at a condo in ct. Plus I'm 4.8 miles from airport the town Does not allow any flying at parks and the state banned all flying at state parks
I'm going to have to join a club but it's field is closed because the road is washed out
All I can do is look at it in its case

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get out your google maps and look for some farm land, open fields, hill tops, or such. Then look for a discreet place to park. Jump in your car and drive out to check it out in person. Chances are you'll find a couple places.

Reactions: QuadBart
I thought of that but don't want someone to come after me with a shotgun

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: nsheridan19
I'd mention a few things.... First, not all airports have the same rules and regulations. Some Airports run under "Recrational Rules". In short, it depends on the Airport Class. In some cases simply letting the air traffic control of the airport know that you are going to fly and they will give you the go ahead.

On the parks. Not all parks and open areas are state parks. I am sure you can locate some adequate locations to take off / land from. For example, down here in Miami and in Florida, we have a wide variety of county run parks that are fine to fly at.

Think of other places... Beaches & Docks offer great video opportunities. If you like cars and auto racing, perhaps you can hit a few of the tracks on race days and see if the facility will allow you to fly outside the track perimeter and get some aerials. R/C air parks offer another option.

Hope these give you some ideas....

Reactions: sonof40
Thank you for your input. Up here in ct all beaches are either state owned or private . someone with a drone at a state beach park had a fist fight with a person walking the beach so the state said no more flying
I could move to Florida which is my first choice but my wife won't

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

It looks pretty open for you. Here is a sample of the DJI map - DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.33.11 AM☀️.png

Before I bought my Phantom, I researched where I could and could not fly. It was a major part of my purchasing decision. As others have suggested, look at maps, there probably are places you can fly not too far away...

You may need to research some rules and laws. For example, you can fly within 5 miles of an airport, you simply need to call the tower before you fly. You may want to call them before that and find out exactly what their protocol is as each may be different.

You can fly over private property all you want. What you want to do is launch and control the drone from public property. For example, if I want to get photos of a building I stand on a public sidewalk were no one is around (walking).

I'm betting there also a ton of wide open areas you could fly in that are not close to anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20