No way to get signal in my P3A

OK, Tried this, but didn't get any positive results.

1. Plug the cable into the controller and the device
Done....

2. Start the controller
Done... (controller shows red light until P3 is started, then shows green light )

3. Accept the "Trust this computer?" prompt if asked
Done... No "Trust this computer?" question, but Android tablet wakes up and shows it is charging.

4. Start the P3
Done... (P3 does the gimbal dance and makes normal "do-do-dit" start sound)

5. Wait for P3 to go to slow flashing green rear lights
Done... Ffron are solid red, back are double flashing green aka (flash-flash-wait...flash-flash-wait...)

6. Start app
Done... (app starts on Zenmuse, but goes to P3P page and has blue connect button.

Note: Since next step in calibrate (from within the app) at this point I hit the blue button (as usual) and am taken to the settings menu, where it tells me everything is up to date, and I am connected. I get heartneat from the P3 lights etc.

7. Calibrate compass as needed
It said it wasn't needed, but I did it anyway

In the end, no video, and no joy.... Thank you for trying. Any other ideas? Anyone?
Please try this, in your android tablet menu try rest the action for the USB interface in relation to the DJI go app. clear the defaults for DJI Go (Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Clear Defaults). Try to connect again now with the sequence the guys suggest.

Please try this, in your android tablet menu try rest the action for the USB interface in relation to the DJI go app. clear the defaults for DJI Go (Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Clear Defaults). Try to connect again now with the sequence the guys suggest.
Thank You for your help. I don't quite understand what this means or how to do it "rest the action for the USB interface in relation to the DJI go app" Can you please elaborate?

Thank You for your help. I don't quite understand what this means or how to do it "rest the action for the USB interface in relation to the DJI go app" Can you please elaborate?
He's suggesting that you reset Go's defaults
Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Clear Defaults

Reactions: Mr.Spock
I got that part. It was doing something with USB that I didn't understand. Is it the same?
Nah, it's part of the same thought pattern. He's suggesting that resetting the Go app's defaults will somehow affect the USB port. Might be worth a try if you haven't already, but I don't see the correlation. GL

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Nah, it's part of the same thought pattern. He's suggesting that resetting the Go app's defaults will somehow affect the USB port. Might be worth a try if you haven't already, but I don't see the correlation. GL
Roger that.. Processing.....

Roger that.. Processing.....
OK, my results are a "bit" different than originally suggested. I get it, but just for clarity, let me explain.

After resetting the app settings in Android, I hook up the USB cable to the conroller and start it.

When the controller first starts, it asks if I want to start the app with this USB accessory (not "do you want to trust this computer"). I can say yes, cancel or check a box to always use this USB accessory with this application.

I have tried all the options, but in this case, I chose yes, but did not (for now) check the box to always use it. The application starts by itself at that point (based on comms on the USB and my answer) and the Go app brings up the P3P but with the button greyed out (since it is still off). The indicator light on the controller is red at this point.

Note: I have tried variations of this, including not answering the question until after the P3 is started, and hitting cancel.

I then start the P3. At this point the indicator light on the controller turns green. The P3 starts up with red lights in front, and double flashing yellow lights in back. After a while the double yellow lights turn to single flashing yellow lights. After more time, all the lights turn to double flashing green lights. Keep in mind this is inside, and P-Opti/Atti is not the problem I am trying to solve. I get satellites when outside, but I still don't get video.

At this point I haven't done anything at the controller other than to start it. When the app is loaded (based on the answer to the USB accessory question) The grey button on the app has turned blue (based on the P3 being turned on) but I haven't connected it yet. If the app is not loaded, I load it at this point, and in either case the app screen changes to "connected" and the blue button to go to Live Camera View is available.

When I hit the blue connect button, I am taken into the settings of the app, and it shows all firmware/software up to date and no errors. I close this and I see the "No signal" in a red box in the top center (where the green "OK to Fly" normally is) and have no video.

cool. now try to rebind your controller to the quad.

what happens when you switch from camera mode to video mode?

what happens when you switch from camera mode to video mode?
I get the little yellow circle on the screen when I go into camera mode, and it dissapears when I go back to video mode, but that's it. No change other than that.

I hadn't, but I just did. No change. I then restarted everything in the order suggested. No change.

Which third party apps?

PS: Thank you for the help ;)

Screenshot_2015-10-06-08-50-54.png

FYI, this is what I am seeing at the app...

OK, my results are a "bit" different than originally suggested. I get it, but just for clarity, let me explain.

After resetting the app settings in Android, I hook up the USB cable to the conroller and start it.

When the controller first starts, it asks if I want to start the app with this USB accessory (not "do you want to trust this computer"). I can say yes, cancel or check a box to always use this USB accessory with this application.

I have tried all the options, but in this case, I chose yes, but did not (for now) check the box to always use it. The application starts by itself at that point (based on comms on the USB and my answer) and the Go app brings up the P3P but with the button greyed out (since it is still off). The indicator light on the controller is red at this point.

Note: I have tried variations of this, including not answering the question until after the P3 is started, and hitting cancel.

I then start the P3. At this point the indicator light on the controller turns green. The P3 starts up with red lights in front, and double flashing yellow lights in back. After a while the double yellow lights turn to single flashing yellow lights. After more time, all the lights turn to double flashing green lights. Keep in mind this is inside, and P-Opti/Atti is not the problem I am trying to solve. I get satellites when outside, but I still don't get video.

At this point I haven't done anything at the controller other than to start it. When the app is loaded (based on the answer to the USB accessory question) The grey button on the app has turned blue (based on the P3 being turned on) but I haven't connected it yet. If the app is not loaded, I load it at this point, and in either case the app screen changes to "connected" and the blue button to go to Live Camera View is available.

When I hit the blue connect button, I am taken into the settings of the app, and it shows all firmware/software up to date and no errors. I close this and I see the "No signal" in a red box in the top center (where the green "OK to Fly" normally is) and have no video.
Of course... please do it again from the top and reset the USB action like before and choose "always use Dji Go app" when prompted when u connect the USB.

Thats strange . Did u contact DJi?
Yes. Started a ticket over the weekend (only thing you can do) and called yesterday morning. He had me try a few things (including changing radio channels manually) but got no joy there. He said they would have an engineer look at it.

Nothing since then. My experience with them had not been stellar for the more complex issues (like this one) and they don't tend to get back to me. I call back, and it seems I start over.

Hence coming here. Lots of knowledge here, and collectively people have seen most things.

This one really has me stumped. Starting to think it may be a bad video card in the bird, but hoping not.

Yes. Started a ticket over the weekend (only thing you can do) and called yesterday morning. He had me try a few things (including changing radio channels manually) but got no joy there. He said they would have an engineer look at it.

Nothing since then. My experience with them had not been stellar for the more complex issues (like this one) and they don't tend to get back to me. I call back, and it seems I start over.

Hence coming here. Lots of knowledge here, and collectively people have seen most things.

This one really has me stumped. Starting to think it may be a bad video card in the bird, but hoping not.
Honestly i dont known u should contact your dealer and send it back with an RMA from

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers