No Video on SD Card???

Reaction score
Hey All

Did a fly today. I am 100% SURE it was recording video.
I came home, opened the SD card, and there is nothing on it. Only files from yesterday. No new video file.
On my phone there is a CACHE VIDEO, but it's not on the SD card. What's goingon?

Anybody has an idea? I have used this SD card before.
There was nothing different on my flight today.

P.S. I just remembered that i pulled out the battery from the drone without turning it off first. mybad.
BUT VIDEO recording was already saved by that time. The recording was off.

put the card back in the drone and then power it on, worth a try. Make sure you power it off before you take the card out then check it again.

Just tried. Nothing :(
I don't know if this affects you but I flew for 10 mins the other day with I'm pretty sure the video armed and recording. However, I had clicked a few still images just after take-off (button on the remote) and that, I think, turned the video off. When I landed I realised what had happened and had to refly the mission.

Secondly, when I used the library feature on the dji go app to view my collection nothing showed at all, not even the photos I'd snapped. However, I later realised that I'd set the photo type to raw and you need special software to view and convert these. They were all on the card.

So, a perfect example of pilot error and a lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't know if this affects you but I flew for 10 mins the other day with I'm pretty sure the video armed and recording. However, I had clicked a few still images just after take-off (button on the remote) and that, I think, turned the video off. When I landed I realised what had happened and had to refly the mission.

Secondly, when I used the library feature on the dji go app to view my collection nothing showed at all, not even the photos I'd snapped. However, I later realised that I'd set the photo type to raw and you need special software to view and convert these. They were all on the card.

So, a perfect example of pilot error and a lesson learned.

Not my case.
I shot the video turned it off, and after shot some pics.

I understand. Just giving a heads up to other members of possible reasons.

If the video is not on your memory card, then there is nothing you can do.

It might be there but somehow corrupted.
You could look at the used/unused space with it in your computer for a clue?
There is software available to make damaged files readable, 'recuva' comes to mind but I've never used it.
Actually it does show that sd card is full. and its not only files from yesterday. What software is it?

If your disk is full, that may well explain why you don't have any video although I would think that the app would complain about it.

Look up 'file recovery software' on your search engine of choice for dozens of ways to do this.

If the video stopped or couldnt start recording because the SD card was full there will be nothing to recover.

format SD in phantom is part of.my pre flight routine.

Happened to me once and it was footage i really wanted and probably wont get a chance to shoot for a long while if ever.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20