NO video. H3-D3 w/ Hero 3

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 2 V2 with an H3-3D gimbal. Found a pretty good priced "NEW" Hero 3. Bought the ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8 Ghz transmitter, plug & play cable, and RC732 5.8 Ghz 32 channel receiver. Plugged everything up like I have seen on countless videos and get nothing! It looks like the receiver is getting the transmission from the transmitter but there is no video. I have checked the ribbon cables on the gimbal and they all look fine. I am at a loss now. I have been over the inside of the Phantom with a fine tooth comb and everything is plugged in as it should be.

Could this be an issue with the GoPro itself? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Reactions: rockydog
Make sure the GoPro and monitor are both on PAL(Europe) or NTSC (US). Then check which band the receiver is set on it should be BAND F also make sure RX 1 & 2 are on the same channel. If everything checks ok then the ribbon cable is broken.

Checked all of that. Replaced the grey ribbon cable from the interference board to the gimbal. Removed the interference board from the equation and plugged straight into the board. Still no video doing it both ways. Replaced the USB connector on the gimbal. No change. Checked the black ribbon cable from the gimbal to the USB connector and it looks fine.

I doubt it is an issue with the GoPro, but might be worth borrowing another GoPro to make sure. I assume you have had an aerial plugged in to the Immersion vtx all the time? If not, you may have burnt out the transmitter. Could we see photos of the wiring?

Checked all of that. Replaced the grey ribbon cable from the interference board to the gimbal. Removed the interference board from the equation and plugged straight into the board. Still no video doing it both ways. Replaced the USB connector on the gimbal. No change. Checked the black ribbon cable from the gimbal to the USB connector and it looks fine.

You're going to see a crack in the ribbon just change it. Of course a continuity check with a meter would tell you if there's open trace but if you'd go that far might well change it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic