No video from Phantom 2

Reaction score
Please see this video;

I have been using this setup for a little over a year. I have had absolutely no issues are hiccups along the way.a couple months ago I had to start turning on the Go Pro before hooking it into the gimbal, so that is not the issue. Also, I replaced the robbin cable even though it didn't look bad and that still didn't fix my issue. I brought in another GoPro just to make sure it wasn't a GoPro issue. And that still didn't fix it.

What should I trouble shoot next?

Thank you

Which version Go Pro and what firmware on the Gopro. Also, which gimbal? HD-3D?
There was an update to the go pro a few months back that disabled video from the USB port.

Please see this video;

I have been using this setup for a little over a year. I have had absolutely no issues are hiccups along the way.a couple months ago I had to start turning on the Go Pro before hooking it into the gimbal, so that is not the issue. Also, I replaced the robbin cable even though it didn't look bad and that still didn't fix my issue. I brought in another GoPro just to make sure it wasn't a GoPro issue. And that still didn't fix it.

Thank you

1) Which GoPro are you using?

2) what firmware is on the GP v03,00 or v02,00?

When you turn on the GP the version will show up at the bottom of the screen for only a couple of seconds.

1) Which GoPro are you using?

2) what firmware is on the GP v03,00 or v02,00?

When you turn on the GP the version will show up at the bottom of the screen for only a couple of seconds.
Seems to be an echo in here... :D

Please see this video;

Thank you

If you have the the latest GP firmware v03.0 on your camera it is blocking the video signal output from the USB connector on the camera. What you would need to do is rollback to v02.0 which you can find on this site. This is only good for hero 3+ silver & black cameras..

Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

Here are instruction on to prepare the camera if you have never done it before

Software Update Instructions for HERO3 Cameras

Had a chance to see the video... I am guessing the firmware on the Gopro is the issue here. Do as Jason has suggested and downgrade the firmware.

Gopro decided to get snarky and prevent the video so it couldn't easily be used in this manner. You'll also see a difference in the HD-2D as it used the 30 pin rear port, not the USB port. This was disallowed by Gopro and thats when Zenmuse started using the USB port. DJI & Gopro have been feuding like the Hatfeild's & McCoy's. The two were in talks to produce a GoPro-branded drone, and according to DJI CEO Frank Wang, he claims that GoPro demanded two-thirds of the profits, and he thought DJI deserved the 2-1 split in its favor. Now DJI is making action cameras, and GoPro is pursuing its own drone.

Ok, I finally had a few seconds to try downgrading my software on the gopro. I followed all of the instructions to a T, and made it to the step that I put the SD card in the GoPro and turn it on. According to the website, the update should start automatically. Unfortunately the update (or downgrade as it is) does not start. As a matter of fact, nothing happens, the camera just turned on like normal.

Any other suggestions?

Ok, I finally had a few seconds to try downgrading my software on the gopro. I followed all of the instructions to a T, and made it to the step that I put the SD card in the GoPro and turn it on. According to the website, the update should start automatically. Unfortunately the update (or downgrade as it is) does not start. As a matter of fact, nothing happens, the camera just turned on like normal.

Any other suggestions?

In order for the rollback to all of the version 2 software has to be in a file called UPDATE and if all you did was simply copy everything in that file to your SD card it will not work. In other words the whole file named UPDATE has be dragged or copied onto your SD card.

Thank you for the reply. When I download the software from here; (Download GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition Camera Firmware 2.0 for OS Independent) I get a zip file. When I unzip the file, I get 3 files. 2 bin files and the update txt file. I have tried moving just the txt file and that didn't work. I also tried moving all 3 files (the 2 bin files and the 1 txt file) onto the sd card and then putting that in the gopro and turning on the gopro. It does not automatically update the camera as it says it will in the directions.

Here is a screenshot of the 3 files in the unzipped folder.

Am I missing something?

Thank you!

gopro update.jpg

Thank you for the reply. When I download the software from here; (Download GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition Camera Firmware 2.0 for OS Independent) I get a zip file. When I unzip the file, I get 3 files. 2 bin files and the update txt file. I have tried moving just the txt file and that didn't work. I also tried moving all 3 files (the 2 bin files and the 1 txt file) onto the sd card and then putting that in the gopro and turning on the gopro. It does not automatically update the camera as it says it will in the directions.

Here is a screenshot of the 3 files in the unzipped folder.

Am I missing something?

Thank you!

View attachment 54697

And that is simply because you didn't put those three files into a master file called UPDATE. Then take file by either dragging or coping it to the SD card. If the file doesn't say it will not load into your camera.

And that is simply because you didn't put those three files into a master file called UPDATE. Then take file by either dragging or coping it to the SD card. If the file doesn't say it will not load into your camera.

Ok, so I have to create a file named update. Got it. I will try that now, thanks for your patience with me.

Ok, so I have to create a file named update. Got it. I will try that now, thanks for your patience with me.

That seems to have done the trick, the camera is currently operating. Thank you for all of the help, hopefully this will get me back in action with my Phantom 2.

IT WORKED!

Thanks everyone.

And shame on GoPro for disabling the video output from the HDMI port. I have always been one of their biggest fans, but that was a dumb move on their part.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik