No transmission signal on My Phantom 3 adv.

Reaction score
I went to fly yesterday. But have no image transmission. I have tried a different cable I know Works, to no avail. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix ?

Has anyone got any ideas, how to fix it. I have tried a different cable. That didn't work. Has anyone successfully fixed this, and if so how ?

P3P i assume?
most likely the video transmission chip on main gimbal board is toast. most common issue on P3P gimbals. DJI hasn't learned their lesson yet since P2V+ gimbals were
overheating inside the WiFi units and same is happening on P3P birds.
new main board for the gimbal or new gimbal all together. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blomdido
Could be a gimbal cable issue or connector as well. I have had both happen on two different P3Ps. Check the cable going into the vision positioning module and make sure it isnt pinched or cut. Hard landings or crashes can cause the gimbal to slam into the housing and pinch the cable between it. I have also had this knock the connector loose.

He states it's an advanced model. Did it work before? Try re-linking it. Either delete DATA and CACHE files, reboot device and/or uninstall app, reboot device and re-install app. Reboot drone. Does the drone gimbal move? Also if available try a different mobile device.

Thank You everyone. This is the advanced model. Since I put this post up I checked for solution on YouTube. Someone there fixed it by removing SD card. Turning on, transmission signal was back. Then He put card back in & reformatted card. Interestingly, I attempted this, did get transmission signal back, which went once SD card was reinstalled. I tried to reformat, but it said no SD card there. I tried another, with same outcome. I then successfully played Videos off of first SD card that initially caused the problem. On My iPad with an adapter. Which suggests it isn't corrupted. I will try Your other suggestions later. Thanks everyone. [emoji106]

Try formatting on pc, then install with drone off.

Fixed it Guys. By a process of elimination, after reconnecting remote and drone, it became obvious that it was one SD card that won't enable Video transmission. I have put another in, and everthing was fine. I tried this before and it didn't work. Very puzzling , this is the third SD card that stops working after a while. I splashed out on a 64 GB card, hardly used and now it is useless. Puzzling though as it plays on My iPad.
Has anybody else come to the suspicion that their drone is periodically corrupting their SD cards ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4