NO tilt gain adjustment on H3-3D on NAZA M - BAD!!!!

Reaction score
I have several quad's hexa's etc, which includes a Phantom P2 with H3-3D gimbal. I am so impressed with the stability of the gimbal and the smoothness of the tilt function (once you turn the gain way down to 2 or 3).

I was so impressed that i went out and bought a standard version H3-3D for my Action Drone AD-1 spider quad (which already had a great all carbon gimbal... but only 2D). I spent a few hours making a carbon mounting system for it.

Got everything set up and went to adjust the tilt gain in the Assistant software - LOWERING THE GAIN IS CRITICAL FOR SMOOTH TILT FUNCTION. Much to my disbelief there is NO WAY to adust the tilt gain in the Naza M assistant software like there is in the Phantom Assistant software. BOGUS!

I am pretty pissed :evil: .... I did some searching and indeed this is a HUGE OVESIGHT on the part of DJI. Here is the thread on the DJI forum: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=60

I am most likely going to return this gimbal unless DJI addresses the issue - unfortunate, this was an awesome installation on my spider quad...

Here is the installation: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=1028
Here is some sample video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntzu_DCTbWU

DO NOT BUY THIS GIMBAL VERSION UNTIL DJI ADDRESSES THIS ISSUE!

AARGH!!!!!!!

Attachments

• AD-1_H3-3D_Gimbal_02.jpg
    AD-1_H3-3D_Gimbal_02.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 781
Here is the AD-1 with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal installed

Attachments

• AD-1_H3-3D_Gimbal_03.jpg
    AD-1_H3-3D_Gimbal_03.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 751
Same issue with the A2 Flight Controller. I'm not happy at all...

I can confirm! This is just crazy! I mean they have to solution implemented for the Phantom 2 why not just simply update the gimbal assistant software?? I'm so pissed at DJI right now! It mean that every person that is not using the H3-3D with the Phantom 2 has a useless tilt function because it's a looot to fast and not smooth!!!! It has been almost 9 month since the release of the H3-3D and not a single firmware upgrade (except little details about Phantom 2)...

I got a response from DJI:

To: Brian Joder <xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:12 AM
Subject: [DJI Technology] Re: No tilt gain for H3-3D on NAZA M?

Nov 12 10:12
Dear Brian,
Thank you for your email. Click on the advanced tab then on the gimbal tab and you will see the gimbal gain controls.
DJI Technology Customer Service

My response to DJI:

Hello DJI,

You are incorrect, this is for an aftermarket gimbal and/or servo controlled gimbal. The gain control does nothing to the adjust the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. The speed is way too fast, it is not usable for good video. There needs to be a gain/speed adjustment for the gimbal in the Naza M.

Please advise for the correct way to adjust the gain control on the (standard) version of the H3-3D Zenmuse gimbal, just like there is gain control on the Phantom 2 Assistant software.

Thank you,

Brian Joder
Owner - UavTechReview.com

I already know they have no fix for this (yet I hope).... YOU CAN HELP by pestering them with the same question.... so if you have aa A2 controller or a standard Zenmuse H3-3D i encourage you to write to them!

UPDATE:

After 5 trouble tickets to DJI without being able to tell my IF they will ever fix this issue I have returned my gimbal to the vendor. I thought maybe I could live with the jumpy tilt function.... but after 4-5 flights I just could not stand it.... too bad, this was a great application for this gimbal, not to mention the time it took to modify my AD-1 to accept it.

If this bother you too, I'd encourage you to follow and add to this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=view ... D1&lang=en

Apparently I will have to be satisfied with using my stock Phantom 2 with this gimbal. If you have ANY other 'copter than a Phantom I would not recommend buying this gimbal.

Cheers... :cry:

Yep... I have also a long email exchange with DJI...

bottom line is:

"It has been reported long ago and DJI China knows about this.
Thank you for the remarks."

So we can continue to wait...

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers