No takeoff power after Upgrade HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
So I finally upgraded everything to latest firmware. All systems go according to PT2 and RC assistant softwares plus calibration.

When I went out last night to fly unit calibrated fine, home locked and 8 GPS's. Fired up fine. throttle up and... not enough power to takeoff. Back to 'idle' speed and I realize it sounds like idle speed is lower RPM than usual. It's like whole system is like 20% power. Not enough to lift off.

I plan on reinstalling everything when I get back this afternoon but wondered if anyone AFTER upgrade to 3.6 has had any power problems or any ideas of how to proceed.

Thanks for anything.

Im no expert but it sounds like your sticks could be off...I would run the rc assistant and calibrate the sticks...then go into main assistant and calibrate the sticks again. Also make sure the gains on the throttle haven't changed or even the mode switched from mode 2 to mode 1...gotta be something simple. Lastly...you said you upgraded everything..what firmware were you running...1.08? I dont believe it had the no fly zones in it...are you attempting to fly in one? Thats all I can think off. Let us know how it goes.

I forgot about this post and realize I should have wrapped it up in case someone else new to flying had the same issue.

Yes, it was the RC sticks that had to be calibrated... but the real lesson for me was the order in which to update. I had calibrated the sticks, AND THEN updated the craft. But I learned that I needed to reverse the order: update the Phantom first (and have it plugged in before opening the Assistant) AND THEN calibrate the sticks last.

Makes sense to me now months later.

Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl