No Signal

Reaction score
After the Firmware update v1.2.8 I'm getting this "No signal" warning. Sometimes prior to take off and sometimes mid flight. I am using a Note 3. Anyone else experiencing this problem after the update?
Screenshot_2015-06-21-19-15-41.png

Before take off that's normal the bird is just getting synced up.
During flight it is most likely heavy 2..5 ghz area.
You can get apps that tell you how much spectrum is in use in your area.
You will find normal flying areas that are great one day mite not be so great the next time.

Yesterday I had to abandon an area I fly, I swear it was a lady running the track with large head phones on. But I don't know for sure, I do know I moved to a new location and everything was spot on.
Check the HD Connection up above when this happens it will tell you quite a bit as well as a wifi app.
Clear you cache often! since I started doing that religiously I have far few problems.
Android Nexus 7 II P3P

Cheers

Reactions: jlo
Before take off that's normal the bird is just getting synced up.
During flight it is most likely heavy 2..5 ghz area.
You can get apps that tell you how much spectrum is in use in your area.
You will find normal flying areas that are great one day mite not be so great the next time.

Yesterday I had to abandon an area I fly, I swear it was a lady running the track with large head phones on. But I don't know for sure, I do know I moved to a new location and everything was spot on.
Check the HD Connection up above when this happens it will tell you quite a bit as well as a wifi app.
Clear you cache often! since I started doing that religiously I have far few problems.
Android Nexus 7 II P3P

Cheers

What app do you use for the WIFI spectrum usage?

I flew yesterday by my house and I believe I was getting some interference because the HD connection was dropping out. But, the day prior I was at my camp with no neighbors and I was getting "No Signal" but everything was working on the app and I had full signals.

I will try to re-bind my transmitter today.

I was thinking about dumping Android, but then I keep reading about iOS having the same problems. I do believe the Note 3 is not a good choice. Kinda torn between the Nvidia Shield and the Ipad Mini.

Wait for the mini 4 if you're going to go that route.

fwiw, I had an Air and had no problems, and now have Air 2 with no problems. My buddy has a mini and the Air is much better imo. The10" screen is awesome to fly with.

What app do you use for the WIFI spectrum usage?

I flew yesterday by my house and I believe I was getting some interference because the HD connection was dropping out. But, the day prior I was at my camp with no neighbors and I was getting "No Signal" but everything was working on the app and I had full signals.

I will try to re-bind my transmitter today.

I used to use this app when I had an android phone. It's brilliant.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20