"No Signal" - VIdeo Not connecting

Reaction score
P3A purchased new 5/24/16 from Microcenter:
Okay, So I have gone to another location about 100 miles away from where I normally fly. I haven't flow the drown for about 2 days (last time flying it, everything was okay). This evening when I went to start up the drone. I powered the RC on (while phone was connected), powered the drone on, and after updating the new RC firmware, I have a message on my app that says "No Signal" (in the camera app). When I click on it, there is nothing abnormal showing up. I tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, taking the battery out of the drone and trying to turn on and off between each with the same problem. Here are some things that might help figure out what is going on.
1) After turning on the aircraft, the gimble becomes "flacid" and points downward.
2) I am able to fly the aircraft as normal with GPS connection/ect. but do not have any video connection.
3) When I turn off the aircraft, the on/off button blinks orange/red for a few seconds while the back prop lights flash green and then turns off.
4) When I turn the aircraft on, the goes through it's normal warm up procedure with the gimble and then proceeds to go flacid.
5) When I back out of the app to the main screen, it shows a P3P with no option to switch between the other aircrafts (where it had that before). Almost as if the RC is connected to a P3P.
6) I have recently cleared out the memory card of the photos and videos that were on it.
7) I run my DJI GO app on a LG G4 completely up-to-date with android.

I don't know if this has to do with the recent RC firmware upgrade, or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Snotomedic

Since you let the rc update, now you will need to update the ac and all of the batteries to match. Then turn off auto update in the go-app and choose when to update whenever you want :)

Could this be location based? I tried this in a suburb of Chicago. When I went to Milwaukee for the yesterday, I had no problems as previously stated and was able to fly and record with no issues (in centraIllinoisis). However, when I returned from Milwaulkee back to the chicago suberb. I have the same problems of "No Signal" on the DJI GO App but can still fly it w/o a video signal.

So I think I solved the problem. I believe that it was a sequencing issue. By that, I mean the order that I start up the drone as described by dji. Before, I was starting the controller and then the drone while the phone was plugged into the controller and the above was happeneing. However, when I started them in the order recommended by dji, (1)power on ac, (2)power on rc, (3)open dji go app and select P3A, (4)plug device into rc; I don't have any of the problems noted above and would not have a "No Signal" warning and have the video feed. The dji app also would not switch to the P3P.

Reactions: Reed L and Lefty63

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj